Proliferation of excellent recipe sites

Just to make an observation ... a simple search this morning and so many sites are the same format with a pretty young lady on the right, a headline and lots of ad's

... are these sites mass produced or are there really hundreds of women spending hours a day cooking, writing up their recipes, taking dozens of photographs and videos etc ... somethings going on !

Just to make an observation ... a simple search this morning and so many sites are the same format with a pretty young lady on the right, a headline and lots of ad'sView attachment 48710

View attachment 48711

View attachment 48712

View attachment 48713

View attachment 48714

... are these sites mass produced or are there really hundreds of women spending hours a day cooking, writing up their recipes, taking dozens of photographs and videos etc ... somethings going on !

Almost all are 'real' and some make a bit of money from blogging due to affiliate links. They look similar because the 'automated' website software they are using, uses templates for layouts and this is a popular layout.

Just to make an observation ... a simple search this morning and so many sites are the same format with a pretty young lady on the right, a headline and lots of ad'sView attachment 48710

View attachment 48711

View attachment 48712

View attachment 48713

View attachment 48714

Hundreds of women who all look the same!

That's interesting MG ... so they spend quite a lot up-front and then many hours 'personalising' the site then they weigh out all the ingredients, take photographs and write up the method ... there must be money in this, maybe I'll have a go. They all appear on the first few pages of searching as well, is that I wonder another skill needed ?

That's interesting MG ... so they spend quite a lot up-front and then many hours 'personalising' the site then they weigh out all the ingredients, take photographs and write up the method ... there must be money in this, maybe I'll have a go. They all appear on the first few pages of searching as well, is that I wonder another skill needed ?

I honestly don't think most of them make much money. I think a lot do it because it gives them a means of self expression. A few become well known and go on to be famous. The Pioneer Woman was one such. In the UK Jack Monroe started as a blogger as did the famous Rachel Koo. GoDaddy has tutorials and advice on how to get your website in the top Google ratings. There are lots of tips and tricks including paying for ranking. Member MypinchofItaly has a food blog - she may be able to comment more.

Its something I've wanted to do for ages - I've got in excess of 200 original recipes on the forum and it would be useful if they were all on a website. I'm not interested in making money - for me it would be a creative thing and a way of preserving my recipes and perhaps reaching a wider audience.

I honestly don't think most of them make much money. I think a lot do it because it gives them a means of self expression. A few become well known and go on to be famous. The Pioneer Woman was one such. In the UK Jack Monroe started as a blogger as did the famous Rachel Koo. GoDaddy has tutorials and advice on how to get your website in the top Google ratings. There are lots of tips and tricks including paying for ranking. Member MypinchofItaly has a food blog - she may be able to comment more.

Its something I've wanted to do for ages - I've got in excess of 200 original recipes on the forum and it would be useful if they were all on a website. I'm not interested in making money - for me it would be a creative thing and a way of preserving my recipes and perhaps reaching a wider audience.
Sounds good MG that's a lot or recipes, I'm afraid I'm not very good at starting from scratch, I enjoy leafing through books and magazines, surfing the net and finding something that looks good, buying and preparing and then cooking or finding a nice peice of fish or some good prawns or a nice cut of meat at the local butcher and then researching what to do with it, I love my 'hobby' and spend most days in the kitchen or shopping !

Thank you for the mention, but some mechanism are beyond me.
As far as I am concerned I try to emphasize the recipes and the story of them, I am not interested in telling about myself also because nobody (rightly so) cares about me and my personal story.
I find annoying when I look for a recipe to other food blogs and have to do an obstacle path between the story of grandmother, aunt and the whole neighbourhood, including the bombardment of advertisements. At the end I give up.
I keep informing myself and being curious, making collaborations and above all learning in my turn. At the beginning I was proposed to follow the standard templates, but instead I opted for something basic that I could work on afterwards and to personalize.

Back
Top Bottom