Protein rich dishes

Navii

Veteran
Local time
6:31 AM
I want to start keeping track of what I eat more and I noticed, that I need a lot more proteins than I eat right now. Does anyone know some recipes for dishes with a lot of proteins? I know some basic recipes already, but I guess you can help me out with some more better tasting food.

Beans will be your friends. Beans are a food rich in protein and fiber which will keep you regular. I soak and boil a cup each week and eat 1/3 cup with my dinner. They can get bland so I turn them into refried beans or add veggies with them. Sometimes I put olive oil, garlic, and lemon on them. It is especially good with white beans. Also, with black beans use dice tomatoes, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, tuna, and corn. It's a healthy meal and tasty. Then there is beans and ham which is a meal itself. Most meats are protein rich, but that is obvious. Also, most nut butters are protein rich, but watch out for sugars and too many calories.

I'm not really a fan of beans but maybe I'll like them more if I force myself to eatm them more often. The recipe with the black beans sounds really good, I'll give it a try. Meats were obvious for me yeah and I've already heard about nut butters being good too, but I'm not too sure what to do with them except making peanut butter sandwiches.

Beans, including tofu are good and they come in so many varieties that you will find something that you like. Chickpeas are loaded in protein and humus is good for snacking. I eat a lot of cheese and make many meatless things including lasagna. Seafood such as tuna and peanut butter are just a few of the many sources of protein available.

1. Turkey Breast (and Chicken Breast).
2. Fish (Tuna, Salmon, Halibut)
3. Cheese (Nonfat Mozzarella)
4. Beans (Mature Soy Beans) Etc.

Lentils are a great source of protein. I make a lentil with caramelized onions dish. I think it's a Lebanese dish.

Chili dishes are great for use two to three times of beans. Served over rice makes an excellent source of (complete) protein.

I usually fry up as much animal protein as I can. But if you want to add some vegetables with high levels of protein, try adding soybeans, lentils, beans, peas, and artichokes.

Beans are probably the best option since it is the healthiest. I am not a big fan of beans either, though, so I'd just suggest what has worked for me which is to blend it to the point of being like humus and I use it to incorporate in many dishes like pasta sauces and I even sometimes use it as a complimentary topping for nachos.

Back
Top Bottom