Pull Pork recipe

Riri

Veteran
Local time
3:02 AM
I'd first to thank those who posted in my thread about ideas to cook my frozen chicken. I happily announced that I successfully cooked it in the crock pot and have eaten them. My husband enjoyed it as well. I'd like to try with some easy pull pork recipe if you guys have any under your sleeve that you'd like to share.

Thanks.

One of my favorite cuts of pork to use for pulled pork is a boneless pork ribeye roast. It's not too fatty and greasy like a pork shoulder, and it doesn't get all dried out like a pork loin. Pork shoulders are fine if you have an actual bbq pit and can roast them on it for hours, but to cook it in an oven all the extra fat is overkill. The ribeye roast has a fat cap on top which bastes the meat as it cooks. I like to just cut some slits in the top and stud the roast with garlic cloves. Then season it generously with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. It's fine just like that, but you can also add some cumin and perhaps squeeze some fresh lime juice over it too.

While many people use slow cookers for pulled pork, if possible I would suggest slow roasting it in the oven instead. Get a pan with a tight fitting lid that is only just a little bigger than the roast (too big of a pan may cause the roast to dry out even if the lid is on). That way the meat stays partially submerged in the juices and fat that it releases, creating a true braise. I roast it at 250 degrees for about 4.5 - 5 hours. If I am going to make bbq pulled pork with it, I drain off the excess juices first so they don't dilute the sauce, then add the bbq sauce and mix it through. Cooking it in the oven give you more of a variety of texture. The outer parts of the meat, particularly on top, will become a golden brown and a little chewier, while the center of the meat will be really soft and tender.

Back
Top Bottom