Recipe Pumpkin Risotto

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
9:03 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I rather like simple dishes and this one meets my requirements. It's tonight's and tomorrow's night evening meal. The original recipe comes from the BBC good food website here.
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2556635/pumpkin-risotto

pumpkin Risotto.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 small pumpkin (or butternut squash, or any squash you can lay your hands on if necessary), after peeling and scraping out the seeds you need about 400g/14oz
  • 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for the pumpkin
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 200g risotto rice
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1l hot vegetable stock, plus extra water if needed
  • 50g grated parmesan (or vegetarian/vegan alternative), optional
  • small handful coriander, roughly chopped
Method
  1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4.
  2. Chop up the pumpkin or squash into 1.5cm cubes. Put it on a baking tray, drizzle over some oil, then roast for 30 mins.
  3. While the pumpkin is roasting, you can make the risotto. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat – not too hot. Add the onions and garlic. Once the onions are soft but not getting brown, add the rice and cumin. Stir well to coat in the oily mix for about 1 min.
  4. Now add the stock, and stir every now and then until the stock has all disappeared into the rice, this will take about 20 mins.
  5. Check the rice is cooked. If it isn’t, add a splash more stock, and carry on cooking for a bit. Once the rice is soft enough to eat, gently stir in the grated cheese, chopped coriander and roasted pumpkin and serve.

That looks really yummy! I love pumpkin, and not certain I have ever had risotto, but I think that looks very good indeed. I would make it. I think it will be something that would be very tasty, and not too diffiucult to make.

Back
Top Bottom