Quesadilla maker.

pocofan

Local time
12:01 AM
Found an OLD cheap quesadilla maker we got years ago. Grandson and I had fun making some. Going to have to play with this some more.

I usually just use a non-stick pan, but I've also used my Cuisinart Griddler. I don't know what a quesadilla maker is.

Another thing I came up with was to put my cheese in between two flour tortillas, and microwave it for about 20 seconds. This melts the cheese just enough for everything to stick together. Then, I finish it in a non-stick pan to crisp up the tortillas and finish melting the cheese. It is not so much a time saver, as it is a way to make it easier to flip the quesadilla.

CD

BTW, for the Brits here, quesadilla is pronounced kay-sah-dee-yah, and tortilla is pronounced tor-tee-yah. I fully expect you to ignore me, and pronounce it your way, but I like to at least try. :banghead:

CD :laugh:

BTW, for the Brits here, quesadilla is pronounced kay-sah-dee-yah, and tortilla is pronounced tor-tee-yah. I fully expect you to ignore me, and pronounce it your way, but I like to at least try. :banghead:

CD :laugh:
Now wait a minute! Are you going to tell me I’ve been pronouncing it wrong? The next thing I know you’re going to be telling me Armadillo isn’t pronounced Arm-uh-dill-uh!😂

Now wait a minute! Are you going to tell me I’ve been pronouncing it wrong? The next thing I know you’re going to be telling me Armadillo isn’t pronounced Arm-uh-dill-uh!😂

The Spanish pronunciation of Armadillo is Arm-ah-dee-yoh. But, in Texas, where they are all over the place, we call them Arm-ah-dill-oh. I don't know why. It is a Spanish word, that refers to the armadillos "armor."

Another name for them in Texas is "Speed Bumps," as they wander onto roadways at night and ... ka-thump. :eek:

CD

They´re always known as "ar ma dill os" in UK English, too. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the double "LL" is pronounced like a "YOH" in Spanish. It took me a while to understand what a Shama was. (Llama) - and the further south you go, the more wierd it gets. Uruguayans and Argentinians would probably pronounce it " Ar Ma Di - SHO"

1670885507437.jpeg
Cachicamo from Venezuela and the Colombian plains. A Venezuelan refrain for the "pot calling the kettle black" is " Cachicamo diciéndole al morrocoy conchudo" - the armadillo telling the tortoise he´s got a shell.

I usually just use a non-stick pan, but I've also used my Cuisinart Griddler. I don't know what a quesadilla maker is.

Another thing I came up with was to put my cheese in between two flour tortillas, and microwave it for about 20 seconds. This melts the cheese just enough for everything to stick together. Then, I finish it in a non-stick pan to crisp up the tortillas and finish melting the cheese. It is not so much a time saver, as it is a way to make it easier to flip the quesadilla.

CD

My normal filling for quesadillas is salsa and cheese. I cook one side of one flour tortilla in the fry pan (virtually no oil) then take it out. Put the other flour tortilla in the pan and add the filling. Then put the first tortilla on top and cook slowly until the cheese melts. Then I don't have to turn the whole thing over.

And I pronounce both items as you do. I also differentiate between flour tortillas and normal tortillas which are Spanish omelettes to me.

Last edited:
You can get a small one like this one, but I'd just use a small frying pan & small tortillas. That would do the job nicely, along with a burger press. Or a small pancake maker, which I already have. :whistling:
Small Queadilla Maker..jpg

My quesadilla trick: I heat a non-stick pan on low to medium-low, put the cheese in, let it melt, add scallions, chiles, or whatever, then lay the tortilla on top, pressing it into the cheese. Cook until the cheese gets a little crispy on the side facing the pan (I will lift an edge of the tortilla to check), then peel the whole thing off (inverting the pan can be helpful). Fold, cut, and serve.

Back
Top Bottom