Quesadillas

twinsmommy31

Veteran
Local time
6:35 PM
Do you have a great quesadilla recipe? I like to incorporate different meats in it each time. The last one I made was a fajita chicken, cheese and bacon quesadilla. It was fantastic.

I love quesadilas! I don't eat meat, but I do make them with shrimp! One of the restaurants I frequent lets you build your own. You can get beans, rice, vegetables and your choice of meat, but at home I sometimes make them just with cheese and green onion or tomatoes or whatever is on hand. I've also made them with kale and sweet potatoes.

I love quesadilas! I don't eat meat, but I do make them with shrimp! One of the restaurants I frequent lets you build your own. You can get beans, rice, vegetables and your choice of meat, but at home I sometimes make them just with cheese and green onion or tomatoes or whatever is on hand. I've also made them with kale and sweet potatoes.

I also like you ChanellG don't eat meat and I usually just make mine with a lot of vegetables, I also incorporate a few sauces here and there because I also don't eat cheese. They are yummy though, totally agree.

Ooooh! Quesedillas have become a "leftovers" night in my house. I like to take whatever bits of meat are leftover but too small for another meal, and I sauté everything up with whatever vegetable remnants I have. They always come out differently, but my kids and husband love them every time.

One of the combinations that I was surprised by and liked a lot had chicken, spinach, and acorn squash. I feel like it is a good way to not only use up leftovers, but to sneak more veggies in our meals without overwhelming my kids. If I'm really on the ball, I'll make a huge batch of quesedillas and freeze some for future lunches.

Do you have a great quesadilla recipe? I like to incorporate different meats in it each time. The last one I made was a fajita chicken, cheese and bacon quesadilla. It was fantastic.
I was just think about Quesadillas. I think I'm going to look into a vegan version of this. Quesadilla is one of the few meals I haven't tried as a vegan or a mock meat dish. I had one of those Quesadilla makers, they work good.

I also like you ChanellG don't eat meat and I usually just make mine with a lot of vegetables, I also incorporate a few sauces here and there because I also don't eat cheese. They are yummy though, totally agree.

I've had vegetarian ones with grilled portobello mushrooms and onions. However, without the cheese it's not a quesadilla, lol. The name comes from the Spanish word for cheese! Without the main ingredient you just have a big fajita!

I like to finely chop up some broccoli and steam it, then make broccoli and cheddar quesadillas on some whole wheat tortillas. Another favorite is black beans, canned green chiles and a Mexican blend of cheese.

Sometimes I even ditch the whole Mexican thing, and use stuff like Italian ingredients. Diced salami and Fontina cheese is a favorite, especially if I crisp up the salami in a frying pan first. I've even done diced chicken, diced canadian bacon, swiss cheese, and a little spicy mustard.

A spinach and artichoke dip is also a great filling for quesadillas. Instead of baking the whole thing in the oven, just spread it on the tortillas and pan fry them.

A bit unorthodox, but the other night I made a Quesadilla Burger. I made huge burger patties and cooked them, then did a quesdailla as normal with the cooked patty as the meat. Awesome!

I love to use leftover ground beef from the night before when I had made tacos. Add in chopped onions, cheese, tomatoes, and mushrooms. LIghtly fry until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy. I serve it with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.

Love them ,go to a Mexican restaurant in Southampton and sweat like mad,not all chillies do this to me !

Quesadillas are the best and they are so easy to make. I usually fill mine with bacon, cheese, and grilled onions. The bacon filled one sounds good and I will have to try it. Quesadillas make a good lunch for the kids, and we made them a few times this summer.

Back
Top Bottom