Quiche for dinner!

thegrey

Veteran
Local time
8:23 AM
Yesterday was one of my few days off work, so I made a giant quiche and in between planting and enjoying the sunshine, my family and I had bacon/mushroom quiche, and homemade brownies! Ahhh! Guilty pleasures! Much to be thankful for!:happy:

That sounds delicious. I just had quiche for the first time recently and really liked it. The kind I had was a brocolli and cheese kind and I was shocked at how light and delicate it was. I thought something like this would be very heavy, but I was wrong.

we made a couple of roasted red pepper and goats cheese quiches over the weekend for visiting vegetarians

I made quiche about a month and a half ago. It was a small one though, and no pie crust. I did it in a small cast iron skillet. And it WAS for dinner.

But of course, I had some of the leftovers for breakfast the next morning! :wink:

I make quiche for dinner but only & solely because my guy loves a good egg dish that manages to incorporate the deliciousness of scrambled which meets your preferenced meat

I make quiche too - Quche Lorraine being my favourite. Generally though, I'll put any left over meat or cheese in there. I once made a sausage and bacon quiche from breakfast leftovers - that was pretty good.

I love quiche too. I love how it is such a healthy meal all in one with lots of protein, vegetables, even cheese for calcium and doesn't have a lot of carbs. Do you make yours with a traditional crust, or do you do something different like use whole grains?

Quiche is a good way to eat a healthy meal without a bunch of meat. You can add meat pieces into it, but do not have to make meat the spotlight of the dish. I am trying to make more meals with less meat these days because meat is getting so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom