Quiche

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
1:04 PM
My neighbor got me hooked on quiche a few months ago and I am unable to find one at the store to buy. I would like to make one at home, but have never done it before, are they hard to make?

My neighbor got me hooked on quiche a few months ago and I am unable to find one at the store to buy. I would like to make one at home, but have never done it before, are they hard to make?
I make them a lot because they are very economical. I wouldn't say they were super-easy. The main problem is making sure the pastry case is cooked and doesn't have the dreaded 'soggy bottom' . Do you know how to bake 'blind'? I will post a recipe if I get time (it always takes ages writing out recipes to make sense!!). What kind of quiche do you want to make? I generally do cheese and onion or cheese and ham.

You will need a quiche tin (preferably loose bottomed). Or a loose bottomed shallow cake tin. You can use a ceramic quiche dish but I find that tin gives much better results.

image.jpg

They eat pie!

They really aren't! They are soo good too! Save yourself sometime and trouble and bie a frozen pie shell. It makes life so much easier! There are so many quiche variations as well. I made a spinach quiche one time that was to die for. I am so glad the weather is getting colder now so that I can contemplate making delicious things like quiche!

I have made one so they can't be difficult :laugh:

it's very easy, but I buy ready puff pastry :D
usually I fill it with saute diced zucchini, onion, carrots....or with a lot of porro (gives the best with pine nuts!!)
then may add some diced ham or/and cheese
and mix with seasoned beaten egg + grated parmigiano reggiano

but you can make it really with everything...also with spinach (better sautè with bacon)+ricotta and parmigiano reggiano...and the egg :D

Quiche is not difficult to make.I have a Kroger close to me and in the deli, they do sell ready made quiche, but home made are so much better. I like to make the impossible pies that are made with Bisquick or any other kind of baking mix. They are super easy and closely resemble a quiche. You can use the same fillings plus, if you look online you can find recipes for sweet as well as savory pies. My family loves all kinds and I make them often. I even make a breakfast quiche using ham or sausage and cheese. Super yummy.

I will have to try the impossible pie type quiches. I do love a good homemade quiche. I have looked at quiches in he store, and they are outrageously expensive, and homemade is better. There used to be a carton of frozen pour a quiche mix that was affordable, and tasty but it seems to be a discontinued product, or at least I haven't seen it for a few years. There are plenty of quiche recipes online, and most are not too difficult.

I will have to try the impossible pie type quiches. I do love a good homemade quiche. I have looked at quiches in he store, and they are outrageously expensive, and homemade is better. There used to be a carton of frozen pour a quiche mix that was affordable, and tasty but it seems to be a discontinued product, or at least I haven't seen it for a few years. There are plenty of quiche recipes online, and most are not too difficult.
Quiche is very cheap to buy, here in the UK. To be honest, I can buy it cheaper than making it. Nevertheless, I still make it! I can get a basic 400g quiche for as little as £2 (about 3 dollars) and this (finest!) one costs £3.

IDShot_540x540-2.jpg

They really aren't! They are soo good too! Save yourself sometime and trouble and bie a frozen pie shell. It makes life so much easier! There are so many quiche variations as well. I made a spinach quiche one time that was to die for. I am so glad the weather is getting colder now so that I can contemplate making delicious things like quiche!
Good idea on the already made pie shell. They taste almost homemade and are worth not having to take the time to make. I really like broccoli and cheese quiches but I am open to just about any other flavor out there.

Back
Top Bottom