Recipe Quick and easy bacon cheese and pinapple dish.

Sandman

Veteran
Local time
6:01 AM
I think this is a german dish of sorts, you will need:

(quantities all depend on how many you are making)
Bread cut into slices (like the kind you buy at the supermarket)
Some shoulder bacon (any bacon that is not cut into bits)
Pinapple rings
Some process cheese
Some cherries

Method:
First toast the bread and fry the bacon(not too crispy, it's still going in the over, but cooked through), butter the bread if you want then place the bacon on top of the bread, place a pineapple ring on top of that and cover it with a slice of cheese then put the cherry in the middle(the cherry adds a bit of contrast) place it in the oven on a tray and bake or grill for a bit until the chesse has melted over the pineapple. I usually serve two of these per person, so for the 4 people in the house I make 8, so thats 8 slices of bread, 8 pinapple rings, a 500g pack of bacon, a 12 pack of processed cheese ('cuz there aren't any smaller quantities available) an a jar of cherries.

It's a lovely summer meal and very tasty.

Sounds delicious and very easy to make. I often did something very similar with old bread, kind of used it as a pizza dough. So yeah, add some tomato sauce on the bread in here and you have the same thing... minus the cherry.

Cool, I'll give that a try at some point, sounds interesting.:wink:

Cool, I'll give that a try at some point, sounds interesting.:wink:

It's a really great way to have a quick snack and seeing as you can do multiple different fillings it's also great for a larger group of people. I usually throw some pepperoni, jalapenos and cheese on mine while my younger siblings prefer to have tuna and cheese.

That`s a very good recipe that I`ve definitely got to try. Cherries and Pineapples are among my favorite foods, and I also love bacon and cheese. The perfect combination. Also, cheese and pineapple always goes well together. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom