Recipe Quick Beef Minestrone Soup

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
11:34 PM
One of my favorite soups to make in the fall is a beef minestrone soup. I love Chili as well, but once in a while I am in the mood for something a wee bit lighter with more of an Italian slant on it.

The basis of my soup is typically some fresh ground beef (about the equivalent of two generous burger patties) cooked in a little olive oil in the bottom of a pot, seasoned lightly, along with some finely diced carrots and celery and onion to help give them a jump start too.

Then I toss in a drained & rinsed can of dark red kidney beans, a quart of chicken stock, and about 1/2 jar of Barilla brand Marinara sauce. Then I add in no more than 3/4 cup of Ditalini pasta, but careful with this because a little goes a long way and too much will leave you not with a soup, but a pot full of pasta instead - it expands a lot, even after you take it off the heat. Lastly I add in some extra veggies like fresh corn, and some green beans chopped into small pieces.

Let everything simmer until the pasta has swollen all the way and the vegetables are tender. Serve with a lot of Romano over it. It usually takes me about 30 min from start to finish, but the leftovers are even better. You can use frozen vegetables in place of the fresh ones to make it all go even faster.

Thanks for this recipe! I really love minestrone soup. I will try this one you suggested next week when I buy beef at the market. :D

It's so funny you posted this because last night I made a minestrone soup from my crock pot and it was SO GOOD. It's totally vegan friendly too if you want that (I put meat in it because my boyfriend and I both eat meat). Plus there's plenty of left-overs for later that we just stored in the freezer :)

Back
Top Bottom