Quick meals needed

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:57 AM
as some of you know I'm pretty much retired, have been for about a year now. But recently I was asked to help a friend who has a trucking business, it was supposed to be 1 to 2 days a week which was perfect for me. BUT this has pretty much turned into full time driving and delivering pallets of goods around town. Last week was a full week and when I Got home I couldn't be bothered cooking. So I'm going to plan my meals during the week. Cheese on toast one night, eggs on toast another.

What meals do you do in 5 to 10 mins??

Russ

5 to 10 mins is a tough call! Jamie Oliver had a TV series and book of 15 minute meals: jamies-15-minute-meals but in truth there is 'clearing up' to do which is not taken account of in the time scale.

The microwave might be your friend here...

5 to 10 mins is a tough call! Jamie Oliver had a TV series and book of 15 minute meals: jamies-15-minute-meals but in truth there is 'clearing up' to do which is not taken account of in the time scale.

The microwave might be your friend here...

Honestly I can whip something up in no time. Really only use microwave for heating stuff.

Russ

How about 20-30 minutes? When it's too hot to cook, or I want something quick - Kabobs. Shrimp, beef or chicken, cherry tomatoes, zukes, summer squash, mushrooms, red onion.. Instant couscous, rice or orzo in a rice cooker or corn on the cob on the side.

How about 20-30 minutes? When it's too hot to cook, or I want something quick - Kabobs. Shrimp, beef or chicken, cherry tomatoes, zukes, summer squash, mushrooms, red onion.. Instant couscous, rice or orzo in a rice cooker or corn on the cob on the side.

Lol, wife hates seafood, kebabs sound good, I can do them quick. Satay sauce in freezer too..!

Russ

Watermelon for dessert. Might as well have some fruity Sangria too. :)

Stir-frys are quick and easy. Chop all your veggies, and thinly slice your chicken, beef etc. beforehand. Brown your protein in oil with garlic over high heat, pushing it around as you go. Set aside. Add more oil and cook your veggies. Add everything back to the pan, and add some Teriyaki sauce, and heat through. In a pinch, the market may have pre-cut, as well as, frozen mixed asian vegetables.

If you get a good price on chickens, roast two at a time. One for dinner, and one broken up or shredded for quick meals -

Cold chicken & potato or pasta salad
Chicken soup
Stir-frys
Enciladas
Tacos
Chicken salad - I added walnuts, raisins, apples and mixed greens recently
Chicken salad sandwich on croissants, grapes or melon on the side

Blt & avocado sandwiches
Tuna melts - I serve them sometimes open-faced on English muffins
Patty melts
Sloppy joes

Flat bread pizza using prebought flatbread, just add your toppings. About 10 minutes in the oven is all it needs.

If you just boil some eggs and keep in the fridge, egg salad is just a few minutes away.

Back
Top Bottom