Quick tuna snack

teamfat

Local time
12:12 AM
Some tuna sashimi. Slices of sushi grade tuna, which in the United States means it has been frozen to below a certain temperature, and held there for at least a minimum of some hours. I used to know these numbers off the top of my head, but not today.

Tuna was sliced, drizzled with soy sauce, sprinkled with tobiko, sesame seeds and some scallion greens. Hot sesame chili oil drizzled alongside.

20200718_064948.jpg

Tasty snack!

mjb.

Tobiko? Flying fish eggs, or roe as usually called. They are the little orange, crunchy, salty and savory bits scattered around.

mjb.

Not dried, usually flash frozen. These have been sitting on the counter for a bit, starting to thaw somewhat.

20200718_112934.jpg

This little 100g jar of what is basically a type of caviar will last me for a few years. And that amount of "real" sturgeon caviar will easily cost you 20 - 30 times as much. You should be able to find it at a well stocked Japanese or Asian market if you have one nearby.

mjb.

Not dried, usually flash frozen. These have been sitting on the counter for a bit, starting to thaw somewhat.

View attachment 43544

This little 100g jar of what is basically a type of caviar will last me for a few years. And that amount of "real" sturgeon caviar will easily cost you 20 - 30 times as much. You should be able to find it at a well stocked Japanese or Asian market if you have one nearby.

mjb.

Not sure I could buy that in a shop where I am but I may be able to get it via the internet. It looks rather similar to salmon roe which is quite easy to find here.

1595096108934.png

Back
Top Bottom