Recipe Rainbow Fruit Salad

MyDigitalpoint

Veteran
Local time
9:01 AM
Website
epage.pro
I got this recipe from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) asking us to spread the word so Americans can keep their heartbeat strong, but I would say all of us regardless the place we live in or where we come from.

Besides it's really tasty, I tried it on weekend:

For Fruit Salad
  • 1 large mango, peeled, diced
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 2 bananas, sliced
  • 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
  • 2 cups seedless grapes
  • 2 nectarines, unpeeled, sliced
  • 1 kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
For Honey Orange Sauce
  • ⅓ cup unsweetened orange juice
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1½ Tbsp honey
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • dash nutmeg
1. Prepare the fruit.
2. Combine all ingredients for sauce and mix.
3. Just before serving, pour honey–orange sauce over fruit.

Yield: 12 servings - Serving Size: 4-oz cup
Each serving provides:Calories: 96 - Total fat: 1 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g - Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 4 mg - Total fiber: 3 g - Protein: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g - Potassium: 302 mg

My children are crazy about fruit so l know they will love this:)
PS l live in the UK so l'll help spread the word by passing on this recipe:)

Thank you so much chocomore :)

I believe that eating healthy is always advisable, but we rarely come across with a tasty recipe coming from health-related organizations, however this one will not only care for your heart's health, but will delight children and adults alike.

I love fruit and this recipe looks really good. I like the health benefits and I will shate this recipe with my friends to spread the word. Thanks for the recipe.

Healthy and simple thanks for this easy and fun recipe.

I believe that eating healthy is always advisable, but we rarely come across with a tasty recipe coming from health-related organizations, however this one will not only care for your heart's health, but will delight children and adults alike.

I agree with you mate. I'd read it the other day and tried it yesterday. I can say that this is gonna be one of the best salads known so far because it is both good in taste and also for health point of view. It came out perfectly and its euphoric taste really drove me crazy of it. I suggest this to all.

Cool Margarito!

I'm happy to hearing it turns out well and tasty! Not all the healthy recipes are, so when I read and tried this on my own, I didn't doubt to share it with all of you here at FoodiesChat :)

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! It looks absoultely delicious! I love fruits, and this is a great variety and combination! Fruit is healthy and have a lot of great health benefits! My family will certainly enjoy this! Thanks again!

It sounds delicious (I love mixing mango with berries, even when I visit a frozen yoghurt shop, I'll choose them as my toppings) and reminds me that when I was 5 years old we learned how to make rainbow fruit salad at school. It was one of the first recipes I learned, although it was probably different to this one.

Back
Top Bottom