Recipe Ramen noodle bowl

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:45 AM
2019-07-25-17-54-40-jpg.jpg

For 2-3 servings

Link for the cured braised pork belly and broth.

2 packages ramen noodles, discard the spice packs.
Enough pork belly for 12 or so bite size chunks
4-6 shrimp
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 of a medium red bell pepper
10-12 shiitakes, thickly sliced
6 baby bok choy
cilantro for garnish, coarsely chopped
sesame oil
salt and pepper
vegetable oil
3 to 3-1/2 cups pork belly braising broth

I used a foil covered sheet pan to put everything on for easy clean up.

I always put hot water in the bowls while I am making soups like ramen noodle or pho so that the broth stays hot/warm longer. Just pour the water out right before serving.

We prefer peppers without skin in soups, so we charred and peeled the skin on the red bell. Reserve the other half for another use. Thinly slice the remaining half into bite-size length pieces, toss with salt and pepper.

Steam the bok choy in a medium saucepan using salted water. Set aside to drain on paper towels.

Place specified amount of water minus 1/2 cup or so per ramen noodle packaging in the saucepan. Use 1/2 cup of the broth plus a little salt. Bring to boil while you are cooking other ingredients.You want to cook the noodles separately because they will make your broth cloudy.

Saute the shiitakes with just a tiny amount of oil, salt and pepper. Once done, place on paper towels to drain any excess liquid they may give off, then drizzle with a bit of sesame oil and toss with your fingers.

Salt and pepper shrimp. Wipe out saute pan, add a little oil and saute shrimp until just done. Remove from pan.

Wipe out pan, add a little more oil and brown pork belly chunks (cut off skin if desired) until warmed through and golden brown and crispy on all sides.

Meanwhile cook ramen noodles as directed on packaging, usually 2-3 minutes. Drain.

Rinse out saucepan, as there will be some residue from the noodles. Place your broth in it and bring to a boil. Taste for salt and pepper, it shouldn't need any, but you never know.

Place some noodles in the bowls, arrange all the ingredients in the bowls, then gently ladle some of the hot broth. Sprinkle some cilantro to garnish. Serve.

Last edited:
It was GOOODDD! I'm disappointed we only have enough broth for 1 more meal. :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom