Ramen Soup Toppings?

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
9:33 PM
I thought that I'd be a little more imaginative and observant, but now that I actually have ramen noodles, I can't think of what to cook with it but a slice of ham and some chunks of leek like in Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.

What would you suggest? Any particular way to make the broth?

I'm not too sure about the broth but you can literally put anything you want on the ramen. I've seen it where they put slices of pork, some seafood, seaweed, leek, and egg (as in like over easy). I would imagine the soup to be some sort of stock but apparently every ramen shop has their own "secret" recipe for the soup.

I've never made ramen soup but I make all sorts of ramen side dishes. The possibilities are endless with ramen noodles. Salads with ramen are also awesome!

Try some thinly sliced beef, carrots, seaweed, boiled eggs, or even dumplings which is my favorite to mix in with ramen. You could just buy the dumpling from a restaurant or you could make some of your own. If you want something midway then you could maybe check out some frozen dumplings at your local grocery store.

Try some thinly sliced beef, carrots, seaweed, boiled eggs, or even dumplings which is my favorite to mix in with ramen. You could just buy the dumpling from a restaurant or you could make some of your own. If you want something midway then you could maybe check out some frozen dumplings at your local grocery store.
Mmmm that sounds really good! Is there a specific type of dumplings you mix in or is it just regular dumplings?

I would even go as far as maybe adding some kim chi in your ramen. I know Kim Chi is technically Korean but in soup it must be delicious :)

Mmmm that sounds really good! Is there a specific type of dumplings you mix in or is it just regular dumplings?

I would even go as far as maybe adding some kim chi in your ramen. I know Kim Chi is technically Korean but in soup it must be delicious :)
Any type of dumpling will work, but I personally think pork and vegetable dumplings work best. I've tried beef dumplings and they aren't as perfect of a fit, in my opinion. I think kimchi should do well too, but I personally would prefer to just keep them separate. I like kimchi on its own much better.

You can add just about any foods to your ramen soups. I have added cubed chicken breast,shrimp, cabbage,beans,potatoes; it's really whatever is to your liking as you can spice up your ramen soups as much as you want.

Back
Top Bottom