Recent Dollar Tree Bargains

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
2:42 AM
I'm a big fan of Dollar Tree for finding great deals on items that would cost a lot more in your standard grocery store. While they've been gaining some popularity and viral buzz lately over their "$1 Ribeye Steaks" (which are awful, and thin as paper, don't bother with them), there are certainly some products I would avoid there, but at the same time, they also have some items for $1 that are no brainers vs. paying several times more elsewhere.

Previously they had carried Progresso canned artichokes for only $1, which was a steal because they are usually upwards of $3 elsewhere. These days though they seemed to have switched to some other unfamiliar brand and it's a smaller size jar of marinated artichokes - still not a bad deal though if you only need a few for a recipe.

Another great one I discovered is that they sell 3oz packages of feta cheese for only $1. These normally run about $3-$4 at the grocery store for a 3.5oz package.

If you like potstickers, they sell these as well - precooked chicken and vegetable potstickers, and there's about 8-10 in a pack (I didn't count them, but I made 5 today and the package only seemed half empty). They cook up super fast too in a frying pan with a lid, and a little water and oil. They tasted just as good as what you would get at any restaurant.

They also sell 10 packs of mini spring rolls, which are stuffed with veggies (cabbage, carrots, scallions). These were great as well and mildly seasoned - not overly salty or MSG tasting at all. Though I would definitely recommend that you bake them until golden and crispy, because they give off a lot of moisture while cooking. They would probably come out awful in the microwave.

I used to shop at the dollar greens lot, but ultimately decided that the foods they are selling are actually such low quality that it was harmful to my long term health to keep eating that way. At those prices, we can assume all dairy has rBST in it, all grains are GMO, meat is full of antibiotics and probably fed garbage. It's not worth it in the long run.

I'm a big fan of Dollar Tree for finding great deals on items that would cost a lot more in your standard grocery store. While they've been gaining some popularity and viral buzz lately over their "$1 Ribeye Steaks" (which are awful, and thin as paper, don't bother with them), there are certainly some products I would avoid there, but at the same time, they also have some items for $1 that are no brainers vs. paying several times more elsewhere.

Previously they had carried Progresso canned artichokes for only $1, which was a steal because they are usually upwards of $3 elsewhere. These days though they seemed to have switched to some other unfamiliar brand and it's a smaller size jar of marinated artichokes - still not a bad deal though if you only need a few for a recipe.

Another great one I discovered is that they sell 3oz packages of feta cheese for only $1. These normally run about $3-$4 at the grocery store for a 3.5oz package.

If you like potstickers, they sell these as well - precooked chicken and vegetable potstickers, and there's about 8-10 in a pack (I didn't count them, but I made 5 today and the package only seemed half empty). They cook up super fast too in a frying pan with a lid, and a little water and oil. They tasted just as good as what you would get at any restaurant.

They also sell 10 packs of mini spring rolls, which are stuffed with veggies (cabbage, carrots, scallions). These were great as well and mildly seasoned - not overly salty or MSG tasting at all. Though I would definitely recommend that you bake them until golden and crispy, because they give off a lot of moisture while cooking. They would probably come out awful in the microwave.

Sadly, there is not a Dollar Tree that is close to me, but I do love to shop there when I get the chance. Another good buy is their Coles Garlic Bread. It is a dollar a loaf there and usually at least 2 or 3 Dollars in grocery stores. I also like the large bags of veggies for a dollar. I will have to look for the Feta cheese the next time I go there.
I haven't tried the Potstickers or the Spring Rolls but they sound interesting. I have purchased rye bread at Dollar Tree and that is outstandingly cheap, however, it is about a half a loaf and the rye flavor is not very pronounced. I do often buy regular bread and rolls though.

We like the $1 ribeye steaks at $tree to use for steak sandwiches. We just season them with some garlic powder and quick cook them in a super hot skillet to make steak sandwiches with some cooked green peppers and onions and a slice of cheese melted over them. I have not seen the spring rolls or potstickers at any of the stores in my area, but will definitly be looking for them. I also buy flour tortillas and chips at the stores here. And when they have bread and rolls I get them. It is surprising the number of buys I find there,,, I like the little pkgs of single serving sugar free drink mix I find there.

We don't have Dollar Trees in Canada. We have the Dollarama but it is nothing like the Dollar Trees.
When I use to visit Florida quite often that was my favorite place to shop. I use to find all these bargains
and then stock up on things before I headed back home.

We don't have a dollar tree here in Bim either. We have a $3 store which is roughly $1.50US. I don't get to go there often but I am always a little skeptical about the quality of certain things. Some people write them off as having junk but I have a few plastic items that stood the test of time. I've never bought food from that store but others have and lived so maybe it's not all bad.

I used to shop at the dollar greens lot, but ultimately decided that the foods they are selling are actually such low quality that it was harmful to my long term health to keep eating that way. At those prices, we can assume all dairy has rBST in it, all grains are GMO, meat is full of antibiotics and probably fed garbage. It's not worth it in the long run.
well, I don't think the veggies are bad. Also, dancing lady, people have to eat what they can afford to...most of the healthier options out there, tend to be more costly sadly.

Back
Top Bottom