Recipe Modifications

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
9:45 AM
I love using my cookbooks and looking for new recipes in general. I do have a problem with modifying everything that I make, though, but I don't think this is a bad problem. I will usually try a recipe as it is from one of my cookbooks, and then the next time I make it, I add or subtract ingredients based on how I feel or what I think will make the dish taste even better. Anyone else modify their recipes?

When I use a cookbook, which is pretty rarely, I hardly ever do it the way they say. Usually I just use the cookbook for ideas and then I do something similar with what I have available in the fridge or something that is more affordable for me than what the recipe called for.

I rarely follow a recipe in it's original format! I always adapt, because often they call for large quantities of butter and I don't always have that amount so I use oil instead and then I add more ingredients I like and take out the ones I don't. I use a stock cube rather than make stock, or I use more water instead of milk, as long as the liquid quantity is right.

The recipes are a basis and a guide and as long as it tastes good, it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom