Recommend your blender

clairebeautiful

Veteran
Local time
9:21 AM
I've been thinking very seriously about joining the Vitamix craze, but I just can't justify spending $400 on a blender.

Are there any more cost efficient alternatives to the Vitamix that are arguably just as good??

Look at the Omniblend V. I think it is around $100-$150 cheaper and we have definitely found it worth the money. I use a lot of cashew nuts and my previous blender could not blend them to a fine grain (when some stock or water was added), this one can quite easily. But they are quite noisy. The Omniblend is not quite as good at pulverising them to a really thick puree as the Omniblend - that's a case of you get what you pay for, but it does puree them enough for me to make a soft cashew nut cheese with them, just not a hard cashew nut cheese. Otherwise I am more than happy with the Omniblend V I have.

I think the choice comes down to the Vitamix, the Blendtec or the Omniblend assuming you need a really high speed one that can 'murder' most things.

Now all i need to do is save up for a magimix....

I have seen many good high-potency blenders, but I believe having one is too much just for me and occasional guests.

In my case sounds more affordable buy processed what the Vitamix can process.

I would steer clear of any of the high end Cuisinart or Kitchen Aid ones, personally. I think all you are really paying for are the "pretty" exteriors on them and the brand names. I have a higher end stainless steel Cuisinart blender, and it really doesn't blend all that well at all. I could get the same results from a $20 off brand blender to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom