Recommendations for food high in fibre

dejik

Veteran
Local time
8:38 AM
Does anybody have any good recommendations for high fibre foods? Necessity has caused me to seek an answer to this question :D

Most Indian food are high in fibre because of the quantity of beans and dals they contain. Served over wholegrain rice the fibre content only goes up. I also usually serve these work homemade chapatti which are made with atta flour (very finely ground wholemeal flour).

So as beans/pulses or dals to your meals, change to wholemeal or brown of things that have that option (rice, pasta, bread, noodles etc) and you should resolve the problem.

Add in whole fruits such as bananas, dates, figs, prunes, apricots, mangoes etc as well. Don't go for juices, they have the sugar content of the fruit but not the fibre. Smoothies are better for you in that aspect.

If you don't like wholemeal bread, wholewheat pasta, brown rice etc try mixing it with white initially and gradually increase the amount into your diet...

I always make sure I have wholewheat everything when I want high fiber content in my food. Wholegrain and some of the brown food stuff is also very good.
changing from white pasta to brown, eating brown wholewheat bread and things such as soy beans, lentils and black eyed peas would also be rather beneficial!

It will take some getting used to but you will get the hang of it soon.

Almost all fresh fruit and vegetables provide some fibre. Make sure all your meals contain some fresh vegetables, mushrooms or beans.

You should certainly try brown rice which is tastier than white rice and higher in fibre. Beans and brown rice would be a very high fibre meal.

Oatmeal, oat flakes or oat bran are all good choices for a breakfast loaded with fibre. I find that raisins also go well with these cereals, so this would be an added benefit. Substituting bran bread for white bread would be a good choice as well. The same can be said for brown rice which is also high in fibre, and would be a good substitute for white rice which is also more starchy. Eating lots of vegetables and fruit would also give you the fibre you need. For a light snack, I would choose nuts, since I believe these also have a high fibre content.

Oatmeal is very rich in fiber same with almost all green leafy vegetables and beans. In terms of rice used brown rice it has more fiber that regular white rice . Fruits are also excellent source of fiber such as pineapple, apple and oranges. I also consume lemon and lemon peel research shows that they contain high amounts of fiber. A high fiber diet is very good for the colon and the entire digestion.

Back
Top Bottom