Recipe Red Lentils

zoribrida

Veteran
Local time
3:51 AM
This is a very simple, but delicious recipe. There's nothing special about it, but it makes a tasty everyday dish for the whole family. I think I don't let a week pass without making red lentils. (It's very frugal too:wink: )

IMG_6039.jpg

Red Lentils

Ingregients:
  • 1 cup red lentils
  • 2 peeled tomatoes
  • 1 liter (33,8 oz) vegetable stock
  • 1 onion
  • 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 1/2 tsp red pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • salt
  • parsley
Preparation:
  1. Prepare the vegetables: chop the onion and peel and chop the tomatoes.
  2. In a pan, preheat the olive oil and add to it the chopped onion. Stew for a few minutes (4-5 minutes is usually enough) and after that add the garlic, cumin, red pepper, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and bay leaf.
  3. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 10 minutes. After that add the red lentils and cook for another 20 minutes.
  4. Add salt to taste and serve with fresh parsley.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you decide to give it a try, I'll be happy to know how it turned out and whether you liked it.

Read lentils. I don't know if we have any of them around here but I am delighted you found something to add to the Challenge. Lentils don't seem to be attracting a lot of entries and the clock is winding down. Come on @Duck59, @cupcakechef, @djordjem87,@deremkorgy, @Corzhens, @Pat, @Shermie, and others I will mention later. @classic33 I know like me you might not want to win another crown but I so miss something like a Guinness lentil soup.

Thank you for tagging me in this thread. However, I have to admit that I really don't know exactly what lentils are. I asked my husband and he said lentils is similar to the native peas we call patani although they are smaller. With that information, I guess we can cook lentils in the same way we cook patani (sorry but I do not know the English name of this beans). Give me some time to do a brief research and probably I can join. Thanks again for inviting me.

Back
Top Bottom