Recipe Red Wine Hot Chocolate

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:09 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Yes, someone has created a recipe for Red Wine Hot Chocolate, Kylie Held Mitchell who writes the Immaeatthat food blog. http://immaeatthat.com/2014/11/24/red-wine-hot-chocolate/

This is a straight copy and paste from her site after it was featured in the Metro newspaper last week (http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/21/red-wine-hot-chocolate-is-a-thing-now-6206971/)

Ingredients
  1. 1 1/2 (375ml)) cup milk
  2. 1 cup (250ml) red wine
  3. 1/3 cup (60g) dark chocolate chunks/chips
  4. Optional: coconut whipped cream
Instructions
  1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and chocolate chips. Whisking constantly until chocolate is melted into milk and you have a thick and creamy chocolate milk.
  2. Pour in red wine and heat until everything is hot.
  3. Pour into 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses and top with coconut whipped cream.
Makes 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses
Notes
  1. This drink is RICH. So instead of just serving 2 (as shown in the pictures), I would recommended serving 6-8 in smaller glasses for sipping.
By Kylie Held Mitchell

And I don't like red wine. Plus chocolate has to be dairy free (which in this case is easy to achieve, but I have just finished my morning hot chocolate made with cacao not cocoa powder - which reminds me....) and I don't actually want a second one today.

yet

Yes, someone has created a recipe for Red Wine Hot Chocolate, Kylie Held Mitchell who writes the Immaeatthat food blog. http://immaeatthat.com/2014/11/24/red-wine-hot-chocolate/

This is a straight copy and paste from her site after it was featured in the Metro newspaper last week (http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/21/red-wine-hot-chocolate-is-a-thing-now-6206971/)

Ingredients
  1. 1 1/2 (375ml)) cup milk
  2. 1 cup (250ml) red wine
  3. 1/3 cup (60g) dark chocolate chunks/chips
  4. Optional: coconut whipped cream
Instructions
  1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and chocolate chips. Whisking constantly until chocolate is melted into milk and you have a thick and creamy chocolate milk.
  2. Pour in red wine and heat until everything is hot.
  3. Pour into 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses and top with coconut whipped cream.
Makes 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses
Notes
  1. This drink is RICH. So instead of just serving 2 (as shown in the pictures), I would recommended serving 6-8 in smaller glasses for sipping.
By Kylie Held Mitchell

:thumbsup: may have to give it a try:wink:

Me no like chocolate. Yes, I'm one of the rare beings that really don't like chocolate. I'll just have the wine please.:D Over to you to try this @winterybella!
I just had to delete an entire post. In my haste and without opening the link and reading thoroughly I thought we were talking about chocolate, chocolate. You know what I mean. Wasn't going near it...Now I find out it is something I could enjoy watered down.

I just had to delete an entire post. In my haste and without opening the link and reading thoroughly I thought we were talking about chocolate, chocolate. You know what I mean. Wasn't going near it...Now I find out it is something I could enjoy watered down.
Just make yourself a nice red wine hot chocolate and report back. :D

Just make yourself a nice red wine hot chocolate and report back. :D
And these days there is always wine( red, blue, white)in this house (if nothing else) and I am not a wine lover necessarily. It's one of those neither here nor there things...The mister is the wine lover. A few weeks ago he went to the store and only came back with wine and beer. Granted I am not big on the sweet drinks as we call them around here but I had to comment. Long story short I need to possibly try this if I can find the time...oops.. I also need the chunks.. Oh well... We'll see how it goes.

In my head the combination doesn't sound good, whereas hot chic and brandy sounds good, I first came across that one in Spain as a student on a field trip. It was about 45p or if you just had hot chocolate it was 40p. And they served it with 2 straws.. it was a generous serving of brandy and our group of students were a little light headded as we wrote up the findings in general bar each night.

In my head the combination doesn't sound good, whereas hot chic and brandy sounds good, I first came across that one in Spain as a student on a field trip. It was about 45p or if you just had hot chocolate it was 40p. And they served it with 2 straws.. it was a generous serving of brandy and our group of students were a little light headded as we wrote up the findings in general bar each night.
I have to confess to a hot cacao (close enough to hot chocolate) and whisky during the week when the morphine really wasn't helping much. I didn't sleep any better but it was worth a shot or two :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom