Removing the membrane from Back Ribs

I'm the other way. I don't like messy foods and generally don't like eating with my hands anyway, so when I get (or make) ribs, I like to be able to get the meat off with a couple of forks, then eat it that way.
Perfectly fine with eating ribs and fried chicken with my hands. I like having the bones in for both. More flavor just next to the bones.
How do you eat hamburgers or pizza? Or a bagel?

Yes, should anyone ask - lots of paper towels and available water for cleanup!

i always remove the membrane from my ribs and also remove the back bone from them , i cook them on my smoker at 225 degrees for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours or so with nothing on them but a dry rub. i leave the bbq sauce on the table if someone wants it , also i like a little pull when i bite into a rib , i'm like some of the others on this , if its falling off the bone its overcooked
I do get impatient over removing the membrane - I get some of it off and call it a day. Like you, I prefer just the dry rub, and I do like a little pull when I bite into that rib.

I only really like fully shredded meat when I am making carnitas or similar foods.

How do you eat hamburgers or pizza? Or a bagel?
Hamburgers I make at home aren’t messy, so I’ll eat those (and other sandwiches) with my hands. The “no-hands” rule isn’t without exception (like most rules in life).

If we’re out and I somehow end up with a messy burger, then that’s going to be with a knife and fork. Same with pizza. I’ll sometimes eat pizza with my hands (tavern cut, for example), but it’s usually with a knife and fork.

Bagels, I don’t eat very often, because it seems most of the bagel places around me have closed, and supermarket bagels are terrible, IMO. When I do, though, they’re always toasted, so I treat them like toast and hold them with my hands.

Toast…toast… 🤔…having a piece of toast on its own, hands. Having a piece of toast on my plate as part of a larger breakfast, probably knife and fork.

Proof that you don't need an outdoor grill to get that 'real down-home taste from things that are

BBQ'd!! :whistling:
Stovetop Smoker..jpg

Back
Top Bottom