Repainting my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:45 PM
I just got a used KA Commercial bowl-lift stand mixer the other day, & I've already begun the process of getting it ready for painting. I've taken the motor head off the pedestal & began cleaning it. In the 2nd pic, look at all that crud on the planetary that has to be cleaned off!! :ohmy:

I will post pics as I go along, so that you can see for yourself how the process is going. Sorry for the fuzzy pics. :wink:

Motor head unbolted..jpg
Nuts & bolts, plus band..jpg
Base & pedestal..jpg

Last edited:
KA%20Commercial%20Mixer.jpg

Here's what it looked like before I dismantled it. Almost new looking. I will also be getting a new bowl & beaters for it. When I'm done, it will look brand spanking new!! :wink:

Last edited:
I reckon re-painting to a professional level would be very difficult if not impossible. It would originally have been sprayed. I think spraying is the only way to get a really smooth finish - but perhaps that is what you mean?

Mixer is completely dimantled..jpg

Yes. That is what I mean. It has to be spray painted, just like it was done at the factory.

I'll have to get a tent to keep any excess spray paint confined, sand it lightly so that the paint adheres to it, use at least two cans of spray paint, let the parts dry between paintings, then spray the parts with a clear coating to help protect the new paint. But first comes the cleaning of the parts. :wink:

The mixer had held back so much hidden dirt & grime! Probably the first time that it was cleaned in eons!! :headshake:

Last edited:
Cleaning is done! Wanted to cover the parts that I don't want painted, but I can't find the masking tape!! :mad:

Nah I've seen some that were repainted, & the look brand spanking new! But Alton's, I'll pass. :headshake:

I thought you were going for your favourite ORANGE!

I still might. Procrastinating at this point. I'm stopping at the hardware store down the street for some things today. I'll look. One thing that I gotta get is some masking tape. :wink:

Last edited:
It's gonna be in orange!! Got the spray paint today. Couldn't get the tent though. They didn't have that. Have to order it from Amazon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom