Recipe Rice Fritters

Local time
7:39 AM
Rice can be a very versatile dish and can be served in a variety of ways. I came across this recipe in 'Caribbean Cookbook' and thought it was an interesting and simple recipe too. These rice fritters can be served as a side dish.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked rice
1 cup hot milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon lemon essence
Oil for frying

Method:

Melt butter in hot milk
Add beaten eggs, rice, sugar and essence
Mix in flour last to make thick batter
Fry by spoonfuls in hot fat until brown
Drain well

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw2AUfN22CZF7OVg3-rWNhlejCUqGUfj6UAdToJ-LGkmZ6roO-wQ.jpg

Rice Fritters. I am a rice lover but I am not sure I am going to try this anytime soon. I like my rice to look like rice from the get go. I used to make a rice pie many years ago and when I realised one of besties did not like it I stopped. The fritters do look good though.

I love rice also and eat more rice than potatoes but I don't know about this one. What do they taste like. I don't see any seasoning other than lemon and sugar. It could be more of a dessert item than food at a meal. It does look interesting.

What do they taste like. I don't see any seasoning other than lemon and sugar. It could be more of a dessert item than food at a meal. It does look interesting.

To be truthful, I have never tasted these, but when I looked at the recipe, it looked like something I could try. Seeing that it contains sugar (I have never added sugar to rice) and lemon, maybe it could go as a kind of dessert. It could also probably be used along with other appetizers before a main meal. I would probably add a few more seasonings though, like onions, ginger and maybe a little pepper.

Back
Top Bottom