Recipe Ricotta pound cake

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:01 PM
I over baked it a bit. It wasn't quite done when I first checked it and I foolishly decided I would remember to check it again in 5 minutes or so, NOT. Still good though.
full.jpg

I use a heavy ceramic loaf pan for this. If a thin, tin pan is used, the edges will get crusty and overdone before the center of the cake is done. You could probably avoid this by using a water bath, but I just switched pans after the first time I made it since I already had the ceramic pan.

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter at room temperature
1-1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a heavy 9-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.

With an electric mixer, cream butter, ricotta, and sugar until smooth about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. The batter may look curdled and funky at this point, but it's okay. Add vanilla extract. Scrape down sides and mix again.

Add the flour mixture and mix on low. Scrape down sides and mix to incorporate.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Test cake by inserting a wooden pick about midway between the sides and the center, angling toward the center. If the pick is clean or has dry crumbs the cake is cooked perfectly.

Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack, turn over so that top is up and allow to cool. Remove to serving tray.

VARIATION: Omit the vanilla and replace with 1/2 tsp lemon extract and 1-1/2 tsp lemon zest.

TIP: use the butter wrapper to grease the pan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom