RIP Betty White

Yeah, MrsT just told me. It's always sad when someone who's beloved passes, but I hope that's how I go: 99, healthy, feeling good, and cognizant right up to the end, then passing while asleep. She earned going out that way.

I think most people remember her as Rose on Golden Girls, but she'll always be Sue Ann Nivens, from The Mary Tyler Moore show, to me. She absolutely killed it in that show. So hilariously mean and on the make, I loved all the insults and put-downs between her and Murray, and she occasionally showcased her dramatic chops, like when she got Lou to spend the night with her. That's one of my favorite episodes.

I hadn't heard it, yet. She didn't "not go gentle into that good night." Way to go, Betty.

The last weeks of the year have taken several notable people, at least in the US. Harry Reid, John Madden, and now Betty White.

I love this 2010 Snickers Super Bowl commercial with Betty White and Abe Vigoda...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MbXGDKFC4A

CD
That's fantastic! She would love knowing she made someone laugh, even on the day of her death.

Yeah, MrsT just told me. It's always sad when someone who's beloved passes, but I hope that's how I go: 99, healthy, feeling good, and cognizant right up to the end, then passing while asleep. She earned going out that way.

I think most people remember her as Rose on Golden Girls, but she'll always be Sue Ann Nivens, from The Mary Tyler Moore show. She absolutely killed it in that show. So hilariously mean and on the make, I loved all the insults and put-downs between her and Murray, and she occasionally showcases her dramatic chops, like when she got Lou to spend the night with her. That's one of my favorite episodes.
I too loved her on MTM.

Larry King interviewed her once and asked if she would ever remarry (her husband Allen Ludden died of cancer in the 80s) and she said, "When you've had the best, forget about the rest!"

1640987901094.png

I hadn't heard it, yet. She didn't "not go gentle into that good night." Way to go, Betty.

The last weeks of the year have taken several notable people, at least in the US. Harry Reid, John Madden, and now Betty White.

I love this 2010 Snickers Super Bowl commercial with Betty White and Abe Vigoda...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MbXGDKFC4A

CD
I'm waiting on you to post her Schweddy Balls moment...the sketch about trying her...Dusty Muffin.

I also love that she posed nude when she was younger, and proudly owned it, and never apologized for it. You get it, Betty! 👏

I also love that she posed nude when she was younger, and proudly owned it, and never apologized for it. You get it, Betty! 👏
That I didn't know...but what a trendsetter, bet it raised a few eyebrows back then but now it's no big deal. Interesting!

Back
Top Bottom