Rip Off Food - do you think there's enough material to sustain a series?

Local time
9:03 PM
Website
www.helium.com
Last week I watched the new BBC programme, Rip Off Food and I found it quite interesting - if not illuminating. I was looking forward to last night's episode, and I was quite disappointed really. I switched off halfway through because it was rather repetitive.

It occurred to me that maybe there isn't enough material out there to sustain a series and keep it interesting. Maybe a one-off special would have been better? If it's showing in your country - I believe it's only available in the UK and Europe - what do you think of the programme?

I had never heard of this show, it sounds really interesting from what I am seeing so far after Googling it. Hopefully they will come out with something like this in the US as well.

I'm a bit of a sucker for stuff like this, having worked in the restaurant industry in the past. I know that the glassware is notorious for making drinks look bigger or smaller than they really are. We used to take a large drink and pour it into the small drink glass, and it would all fit. You were basically getting charged more for the large drink even though it wasn't really larger.

I would love to learn more about how to save money on meat though, and whatever tricks I can use to get the good cuts of meat without spending an arm and a leg.

Back
Top Bottom