Recipe Risotto with octopus and peas

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:49 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Serves 4, Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time about 30 minutes

• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • 450 g. of frozen baby octopus (squid as alternative)
  • 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
  • half onion
  • 200 g. frozen peas
  • a teaspoon of turmeric powder
  • a clove of peeled garlic
  • salt/black ground pepper to taste
  • 350 g. rice for risotto (Carnaroli rice)
  • 1 parsley bunch
  • 1 chili pepper
  • Vegetable broth: 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk or use a stock cube.

Method:

Defrost and wash the baby octopus and set them aside. Cut some of them in pieces or stripes and leave some of them whole for garnish.

For the broth: put in a saucepan two liters of water, a handful of large salt and peeled vegetables cutted into pieces. Bring to the boil, then lower to the minimum. If you don't have vegetables, you can use a stock cube.

Cut the onion in half, crush the peeled garlic (to crush garlic I normally use the flat part of the knife to do it), put them into a large pan and let them cook with EVOO. After few minutes, add the tomato sauce, the little chili pepper, a teaspoon of turmeric powder, a pinch of salt and black ground pepper to taste and let cook for about 10 minutes. Cook over low heat.

Now add the peas and baby octopus, a ladle of broth, add chopped parsley, cook over low heat altogether for about 10/15 minutes mixing from time to time and doing be careful not to stick it to the bottom of the pan. Remove the garlic.

Then add the rice directly into the pan with peas and octopus and add the broth until the rice has completely absorbed it and it will be soft.

Serve.
Risotto with octopus and peas.jpg

Beautiful dish. I only wish I could taste it! Not much chance of getting octopus in these parts.

@morning glory

Myp Suggested Squid as an alternative too ..

You can also use " large prawns " or squid .. About frozen octopus; look and see if you can find The Clusters ( see foto ) .. Very small ones .. These are usually very tender ..

Do you have fish Monger ? Speak to him / her ..

The dish is very lovely.

Goodnight dear ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom