Roast a turkey or chicken faster than in your regular oven!!

I really wasn't looking for this. I was on Facebook & I happened to see the link there, so I clicked on it to watch it. I don't cook whole turkeys any more. Too much for me!! I only cook turkey parts, but I DO cook whole chickens. I just thought that someone else might want to try one. :wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: mjd
Oh, I was just making a little fun about her "enthusiasm". I hope I didn't offend you.

Since my divorce, I've had to learn how to cook smaller meals and it's been hard. But, my neighbors get quite a bit of home-cooked food when I go overboard. LOL I don't care for roasted turkey unless it's the kind from the deli. However, I love smoked turkey. I get the drumsticks or wings sometimes and make a side of stuffing with gravy and some rolls. Yum! I also use them in place of ham hocks or salt pork as I have high blood pressure. I don't know why I wasted all those years eating healthy, avoiding alcohol and exercising!!!! I ended up with HBP anyway. LOL

Last edited:
Oh, I was just making a little fun about her "enthusiasm". I hope I didn't offend you.

Since my divorce, I've had to learn how to cook smaller meals and it's been hard. But, my neighbors get quite a bit of home-cooked food when I go overboard. LOL I don't care for roasted turkey unless it's the kind from the deli. However, I love smoked turkey. I get the drumsticks or wings sometimes and make a side of stuffing with some rolls. Yum! I also use them in place of ham hocks or salt pork as I have high blood pressure. I don't know why I wasted all those years eating healthy, avoiding alcohol and exercising!!!! I ended up with HBP anyway. LOL

Usually, that comes mainly from inheritance. I'm not offended at all. Seems like a nice thing to have if you're into cooking whole turkeys. I do the same thing!! Cook the turkey parts. And I use the smoked turkey parts to season things like dried beans & greens. If I got one, I'd use it to cook whole chickens, chops or whatever, Not for whole turkeys. :wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: mjd
Usually, that comes mainly from in heritance. I'm not offended at all. Seems like a nice thing to have if you're into cooking whole turkeys. I do the same thing!! Cook the turkey parts. And I use the smoked turkey parts to season things like dried beans & greens. If I got one, I'd use it to cook whole chickens, chops or whatever, Not for whole turkeys. :wink:

Yep. Both my parents and all four grandparents have/had HBP. I didn't pick up on any of their bad habits so I thought I could avoid it. Nope.

I live in a small apartment now so I don't have much room for a ton of kitchen gadgets. I see your posts of all the cookware you buy and often wonder "Where is he storing all that stuff?" You'll have to get a mansion (if you don't already have one) just to store your wares! LOL

I was diagnosed with HBP also. As well as heart failure, diabetes & a host of other things. I was diagnosed with diabetes, but I lost weight & it went away. I don't have to take insulin injections now as long as it doesn't come back. I bought some storage bins to keep the stuff in when not in use. That goes for clothes also. :wink:

I was diagnosed with HBP also. As well as heart failure, diabetes & a host of other things. I was diagnosed with diabetes, but I lost weight & it went away. I don't have to take insulin injections now as long as it doesn't come back. I bought some storage bins to keep the stuff in when not in use. That goes for clothes also. :wink:

Good for you on your weight loss and getting rid of your diabetes! That must be a weight (pun intended ;-) off your shoulders.

If you ever decide to run an organization business, please consider coming through Chicago. ;-) Somehow I manage to lose stuff in a one bedroom apartment! However, I've learned the best way to find something is to buy a replacement. LOL

Found out that the unit comes in several sizes. There's even one available for making
BBQ'd meat!! :wink:

Last edited:
Something tells me you are planning another purchase, Shermie. ;-) Before you do, remember you have that big Crock-pot thingy (I can't remember the name of it).

Crock Pot BBQ Pit Slow Cooker. I thought about that. Plus the toaster oven & the Ninja Foodi. You're right, I don't need it. :wink:

I wasn't going to buy this, but this is the small one. Unlike the big one, this one can at least roast a whole chicken or chicken pieces. Not a turkey I want to see if it really works like they say it does!! it may look large in the pic above, but it IS small. Only $40!! :whistling:

Tried this electric chicken roaster for the first time yesterday, & it worked great! A whole chicken was done in less than an hour!! Crispy dry & brown outside, moist, juicy & tender inside!! A whole new way of cooking a chicken & small cuts of meat!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom