Roast chicken with stuffing

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:32 AM
image.jpeg

kids and grandkids about 4 or 5 hrs away. Starting with the chicken, stuffing home made with herbs from the garden.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 20775

kids and grandkids about 4 or 5 hrs away. Starting with the chicken, stuffing home made with herbs from the garden.

Russ

Nice chooks. Looks like 4 or 5, maybe 6 pounders. (1.8 Kg to 2.2 Kg doesn't sound as good)

Recipe, please, for the stuffing.. And I guess you are roasting it n an oven? Just S&P in and out before stuffing; maybe a butter rub?

Nice chooks. Looks like 4 or 5, maybe 6 pounders. (1.8 Kg to 2.2 Kg doesn't sound as good)

Recipe, please, for the stuffing.. And I guess you are roasting it n an oven? Just S&P in and out before stuffing; maybe a butter rub?
Rinse with water, s and pin and out the bird. Stuffing is whole meal breadcrumbs, juice of 1 orange ,3 eggs whole, parsley rosemary thyme and lots of sage. I pre cooked bacon and onions , mix it all together and stuff.
Being as these herbs are all out of the garden. The taste will be good. It's raining here so good cold day meal.
Also made a cauli and broccoli cheese bake. My 9yo granddaughters fave. Roastys later with corn on the cob and lotsa gravy.

Russ

Thanks. Sounds really good.

Lol @ "roasties". For us 'muricans, thst means roasted potatoes.

My wife makes her stuffing with cubed , day-old bread tossed with Bell's seasoning (http://www.bellsfoods.com/products/bells-seasoning/),
diced celery, sliced button and crimini mushrooms, fresh parsley, diced sweet onions, Italian style chicken sausage, and a little turkey stock to moisten it.

Instead of stuffing in in the bird, she bakes it in a large , deep, glass baking dish (so, technically, it's a dressing, not a stuffing.)
I'm going to have to try the orange, herbs, bacon, and onions. You can't go wrong with that combo.

Roastys were potatoes, carrots , pumpkin, parsnips and kumara. Roasted in fat. Update ....everybody full and stuffing was a hit. I usually put chopped walnuts in the stuffing but 2 family members not fans. I've done mushroom before as well. More sage next time.?

Russ

This is 50/50 cauli and broccoli in a cheese sauce topped with grated cheese then breadcrumbs. Empty plates, all gone.

Russ

Rinse with water, s and pin and out the bird. Stuffing is whole meal breadcrumbs, juice of 1 orange ,3 eggs whole, parsley rosemary thyme and lots of sage. I pre cooked bacon and onions , mix it all together and stuff.
Being as these herbs are all out of the garden. The taste will be good. It's raining here so good cold day meal.
Also made a cauli and broccoli cheese bake. My 9yo granddaughters fave. Roastys later with corn on the cob and lotsa gravy.

Russ
Fantastic Russ, that's my kind of meal! We often have cauliflower cheese bake with a roast, but I like the idea of putting the broccoli in as well. The stuffing sounds great too. Would you serve mashed potatoes as well as roasted? If so, I might just have to jump on a plane!

Kids love both veges which is real cool. So combining makes sense. My d.i.l tells the kids what they are having in the morning. She says they get so excited. I only serve roast veges but not mash. The only thing I do 2 potatoes is Xmas day, I do roastys and new potatoes from my garden. I really am full. D.i.l bought apple crumble. Kids didn't eat it, said it wasn't nice like mine. Lol. They are pretty cool and honest critics. I recently made a pile of club sammys for a function, she was here. She had a couple . She then said we don't like gang gangs club sammys......we love them.

Russ

She then said we don't like gang gangs club sammys......we love them.
And they're 10CC fans - cool kids!

Epicuric, I just saw yesterday airfares to the uk for $699 one way. I've never seen it that cheap. Last time I went was $1900 return.
You really wouldn't want a one way ticket to the UK at the moment. It's a bit of a mess.

I know a few that have left the uk over the last 10 years, last family I know from Camden town came out for a 3 week visit here. They went back to uk, their son about 12 at the time, had a knife pulled on him at school. That week he applied to move out here. He's now here and loving it, he's a prison guard here now.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom