Recipe Roasted Garlic & Butter Mushrooms

L_B

Veteran
Local time
12:46 AM
Roasted-Garlic-and-Butter-Mushrooms_2.jpg

Another one of my favorite mushroom recipes is oven roasted mushrooms. They are so good this way and make a nice side to any dish.

Ingredients
  • 18 large mushrooms
  • 3 Tbsp butter (salted)
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tsp parsley (dried or fresh)
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • Optional: squeeze of lemon juice before serving

Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 8x11 cooking dish (or whatever rectangular oven-proof dish you have on hand).
  2. Line the mushrooms in the dish, stems up. Cram in as many that will fit, its fine if they touch.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the butter (make sure its softened), garlic, parsley and garlic powder.
  4. Place a small amount of the butter mixture (about a ½ a tsp) to the top of each mushroom on the stem.
  5. Bake for approx 20 minutes until shrunken down and golden around the mushroom cap.
http://www.busybuthealthy.com/roasted-garlic-butter-mushrooms/

Garlic mushrooms! Oh yes. Garlic and mushrooms is always great combination and cooking them in the oven is good, hassle free, way to make them. Even the mildest of mushrooms will take on a deeper and more pungent flavour, when drenched in garlic butter.

Last edited:
Reactions: L_B
This recipe looks great, and judging from the ingredients used, I believe it should be rather tasty. The recipe also looks easy. It definitely looks like something that I could try. I like the idea that they are done in an oven too. Although I am not that familiar with mushrooms, I think crispy ones may be more tasty than if they were steamed or boiled.

This recipe looks great, and judging from the ingredients used, I believe it should be rather tasty. The recipe also looks easy. It definitely looks like something that I could try. I like the idea that they are done in an oven too. Although I am not that familiar with mushrooms, I think crispy ones may be more tasty than if they were steamed or boiled.
Do you know where I can find some around here? I was thinking of going to what was the old JB's supermarket but they closed on the weekend. I guess I could try the sister stores but that was the most convenient one for me. I like the recipe but I think because I don't know if I am going to like the taste having only eaten them on pizza, this won't be my first dish.

I have no idea where you would find mushrooms around here. There are a variety of supermarkets here, but I tend to frequent only a few of them. From my recollection, I cannot remember if I have ever seen mushrooms in any of the supermarkets that I have visited recently. I believe that there should be around here somewhere though, but we have to know where to go. If I were to find them, I think I would give them a try before giving my verdict on them.

I have no idea where you would find mushrooms around here. There are a variety of supermarkets here, but I tend to frequent only a few of them. From my recollection, I cannot remember if I have ever seen mushrooms in any of the supermarkets that I have visited recently. I believe that there should be around here somewhere though, but we have to know where to go. If I were to find them, I think I would give them a try before giving my verdict on them.
I just remember another place I saw mushrooms and it was at the Italian restaurant in the mall where I work. I remembered that when @cupcakechef something Italian. Maybe I'll have to ask the girls there where they get them and I think I know the answer before I ask. They will probably say they don't know or they imported them on their own.

Back
Top Bottom