Hungry Man

Local time
7:46 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
Mango Jalapeno Sauce

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omb-cCr9Lic

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cup chopped jalapenos (8 - 10 jalapenos)
  • 1 cup diced mango (1 medium size mango)
  • 2 tbsp lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
  • 1 grilled onion
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp salt
Instructions
  • Grill and char the jalapenos, mangos, onions
  • Grill onions and garlic on wooden skewer
  • Take them out
  • Roughly chop jalapenos and onions
  • Add olive oil to a sauce pan on medium heat
  • Add the garlics, roasted onions and jalapenos to sauce pan
  • Sautee for 2 minutes
  • Add the mangos
  • Add roasted ingredients to the food processor together with apple cider vinegar, salt
  • Add 1 tbsp corn starch (optional)
  • Strain the mixture and cook until it simmers
  • Squeeze a lime and add 2 tbsp lime juice to the sauce and mix
  • Wait until cooled down
  • Transfer to sterilized bottles

This was the part that got me hooked. Feel free to send me a bottle!

I have used a kitchen torch (or my Searzall) to char hot peppers at times. Just be sure to use the yellow tip of the flame on a torch, not the blue part, to avoid a butane/propane flavor.

I also love what grilling does with fruits -- and to onions. It really enhances the natural sugars. I use my grill outside for charing, most of the time, but you can do it under a broiler/grill in the oven.

CD

Hungry Man, I notice you have a Weber Kettle -- looks like a 22-incher. :thumbsup: I have two of them. Love them!

CD

I have used a kitchen torch (or my Searzall) to char hot peppers at times. Just be sure to use the yellow tip of the flame on a torch, not the blue part, to avoid a butane/propane flavor.

I also love what grilling does with fruits -- and to onions. It really enhances the natural sugars. I use my grill outside for charing, most of the time, but you can do it under a broiler/grill in the oven.

CD
I just love the fire, that's all :)

CD
I char them in the Halogen oven which works really well.

I was intrigued about charring the peppers, onion and fruit to make the sauce. I will have to try something similar.

Mango Jalapeno Sauce

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omb-cCr9Lic

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cup chopped jalapenos (8 - 10 jalapenos)
  • 1 cup diced mango (1 medium size mango)
  • 2 tbsp lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
  • 1 grilled onion
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp salt
Instructions
  • Grill and char the jalapenos, mangos, onions
  • Grill onions and garlic on wooden skewer
  • Take them out
  • Roughly chop jalapenos and onions
  • Add olive oil to a sauce pan on medium heat
  • Add the garlics, roasted onions and jalapenos to sauce pan
  • Sautee for 2 minutes
  • Add the mangos
  • Add roasted ingredients to the food processor together with apple cider vinegar, salt
  • Add 1 tbsp corn starch (optional)
  • Strain the mixture and cook until it simmers
  • Squeeze a lime and add 2 tbsp lime juice to the sauce and mix
  • Wait until cooled down
  • Transfer to sterilized bottles
Hungry Man, your sauce recipes and beautiful presentation videos are fantastic! I'm not that familiar with spicy peppers (I don't grow them and tend to buy the mildest red or green ones). There were mainly chili flakes and dried cayenne pepper packs available in the 70's-90's in Finland, so middle-aged people like me are quite unaccostumed to tense chili flavors. Seeing these colorful recipes, I have an urge to buy a couple of hermetic glass containers and gestate several types of chili sauces with charred vegetables. If I can eat a spoonful of wasabi, I guess I can get used to stronger chillies and jalapeños. Capsaicin is good for RA too as it contains anti-inflammatory elements. Thanks for the inspiration, Hungry Man!
pur.JPG
+🌶 = :hungry:
Photo source

Hungry Man, your sauce recipes and beautiful presentation videos are fantastic! I'm not that familiar with spicy peppers (I don't grow them and tend to buy the mildest red or green ones). There were mainly chili flakes and dried cayenne pepper packs available in the 70's-90's in Finland, so middle-aged people like me are quite unaccostumed to tense chili flavors. Seeing these colorful recipes, I have an urge to buy a couple of hermetic glass containers and gestate several types of chili sauces with charred vegetables. If I can eat a spoonful of wasabi, I guess I can get used to stronger chillies and jalapeños. Capsaicin is good for RA too as it contains anti-inflammatory elements. Thanks for the inspiration, Hungry Man!
View attachment 49367+🌶 = :hungry:
Photo source
Thank you, really very kind of you! It's my hobby to cook, try different recipes from different cuisines and make my own sauces and nothing beats when you make your own sauce and use it with your favorite dishes :wink:

Yep, it is Weber's Master Touch series, slightly different than Kettle series.

I have one MasterTouch I bought new in 1995. It's a "redhead." :thumbsup: My newer one is the same grill, but they changed the name here to One-Touch Gold about ten years ago.

I have the Gourmet BBQ System grate like yours -- works on either grill. I also have the cast iron wok to go with it. It gets VERY hot. I also have a rotisserie kit. Yeah, I'm a hopeless Weberhead. :rolleyes:

MasterTouch-w-roto.jpg

^^^^^ 1995 MasterTouch with rotisserie kit.

Wok002.jpg

^^^^^ Weber Gourmet grate and wok on One-Touch Gold.

CD

I have one MasterTouch I bought new in 1995. It's a "redhead." :thumbsup: My newer one is the same grill, but they changed the name here to One-Touch Gold about ten years ago.

I have the Gourmet BBQ System grate like yours -- works on either grill. I also have the cast iron wok to go with it. It gets VERY hot. I also have a rotisserie kit. Yeah, I'm a hopeless Weberhead. :rolleyes:

View attachment 49406
^^^^^ 1995 MasterTouch with rotisserie kit.

View attachment 49407
^^^^^ Weber Gourmet grate and wok on One-Touch Gold.

CD
Fully equipped, nice 👍 I will also buy a rotisserie kit to make doner at home :wink:

Thank you, really very kind of you! It's my hobby to cook, try different recipes from different cuisines and make my own sauces and nothing beats when you make your own sauce and use it with your favorite dishes :wink:

Have you ever made sauce by starting a mash? The mash ferments and the "juice" is used for the sauce. Many popular US brand hot sauces are made using a mash.

Back
Top Bottom