Royal Couscous anyone?

Froz

Veteran
Local time
11:01 AM
There's no way in the world that I can start spending so much time on a food forum without mentioning my absolute favorite dish at some point, right? :D
So my all-time favorite is Royal Coucous, which includes lamb, chicken, meat balls and merguez sausages (hence why it's called "royal". Each Maghreb country has his own traditional way of making it (I was taught by Tunisians personally), and every time I treat my family or friends to some, they're in seven heaven.

Anyone else a fan? :wink:

Couscous%2Broyal-1%2B-%2BCopie.jpg

gast9.jpg

I do like couscous but I'm not a big meat eater.

When I make a couscous dish I include things like chopped peppers, onions, zuccini, eggplant, tomato and dried apricots or raisins.

I have never heard of a couscous dish before, but I must admit that it looks very appetizing. It is certainly packed with protein considering all the different meats that are used. If I had to make a dish similar to this, I would probably use more vegetables and less meat. As I prefer white meat to red meat, I would go with more chicken and less lamb, and probably pass up on the meat balls. Using a variety of vegetables in various colours could make it a very attractive dish. I would use sweet peppers of all colours along with carrots and tomatoes. I would also add zucchini as shown here. It is the sort of dish I would make when entertaining guests.

True that I didn't list the veggies that I usually include and just pointed out the various meats! :D

The vegetables are the following:

- Carrots
- Zucchinis
- Turnips
- Potatoes
- Tomatoes
- Chickpeas
- Capsicum

And once the dish finished and served, I also grill peppers and add a few to my plate :P

Back
Top Bottom