This tea isn’t only delicious: it could save your life. Saffron is a powerful antioxidant, and can help protect your body from a variety of ailments. Ginger, too, has been shown to provide tremendous health benefits.
So, brew some of this tea, and thank me later.
10 saffron strands
1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups of water
honey, if desired
1. Start heating 2 cups of water in a small pot on high heat with the cinnamon stick.
2. Place saffron strands in a small cup, with just enough water to cover the strands.
3. Place grated ginger in an infuser. Once the water has come to a boil, reduce heat to low. Pour water-soaked saffron strands into the infuser, over the pot of water, so you don’t lose any of the infused water. Swish some water around in the cup to get every last bit of it, then pour it into the pot.
4. Close infuser, and place in the pot. Continue to heat on low for 15 minutes.
5. Pour into tea cups, discarding the cinnamon stick. Stir in honey if desired.