Sahara Dust Storm

Milkduds

Local time
5:05 AM
How is it affecting you? The sky is really dark here and I'm hacking and coughing (and I'm inside.) Outside is really bad. The sky is dark like it's going to rain but the rain has already moved out. I feel sorry for all the people and animals who have to be outside.

In Spain, France and here in England it's a regular thing and always has been. At least once a year we get a sprinkling of the sahara on our cars in the morning and if we are lucky a really spectacular sunset.

I know it's unusual in America, but apparently the US government has spent more on Trump's golf trips than on global warming in the last couple of years, so, you know, more to come.

BTW, don't talk to Australians about dust storms, theirs are mental.

In Spain, France and here in England it's a regular thing and always has been. At least once a year we get a sprinkling of the sahara on our cars in the morning and if we are lucky a really spectacular sunset.

I know it's unusual in America, but apparently the US government has spent more on Trump's golf trips than on global warming in the last couple of years, so, you know, more to come.

We had the glow of their bushfires for weeks and the smell at night was unreal. How far stuff travels is amazing.

Russ

The dust got to Dallas late yesterday, and followed me up to Tulsa. It didn't effect my photography negatively. In fact, it gave the sunlight some softening.

This storm is noticeable, but not as bad as the West Texas dust storms we get from time to time. With those, the sky actually turns a brownish color. I have a picture of my neighborhood during a West Texas dust storm. I think it is on my other computer. I'll try to remember to look for it and post it.

CD

Not unusual in Texas, and other Sountwestern States.

CD

I am from the desert and have seen a few dust storms. Maybe it's just because I was younger then, but I don't recall ever choking up and coughing in the house. Or maybe Sahara dust is finer...

It comes through Florida and meteorologists say it helps lessen tropical storm/hurricane development.

The dust got to Dallas late yesterday, and followed me up to Tulsa. It didn't effect my photography negatively. In fact, it gave the sunlight some softening.

This storm is noticeable, but not as bad as the West Texas dust storms we get from time to time. With those, the sky actually turns a brownish color. I have a picture of my neighborhood during a West Texas dust storm. I think it is on my other computer. I'll try to remember to look for it and post it.

CD

Photo of West Texas Dust Storm from my house.

BrownSky-3.jpg

CD

Up here in New England, I haven't seen much sign. I think it moved back off the coast prior to hitting us - but then again instead of clear skies where a sunset would be noted, we have been having rain and cloudy skies. (Not that I am complaining, we NEED rain right now.)

Back
Top Bottom