Recipe Challenge Judge
Prep time: 25-30 minutes including arranging.
Cook time: for hard-cooking the eggs, allot 15 minutes which includes bringing the eggs in salted water to a boil, then turning range off and letting them sit there for ten minutes.
Rest time: not needed
Layered Salad Platter Featuring a Lot of Goodies Including Smoked Salmon
* 1 whole Bibb (or similar) lettuce, broken into leaves
* 1/2 cup / 120 mL , approximately, of red cabbage, sliced thin and shredded
* 2 endives, leaves separated into “boats” — the center part reserved for future salad ideas.
* 5 ounces / 140 grams smoked salmon, broken into thin slivers and slices
* 10-12 ounces / 285 - 340 grams grape tomatoes, halved.
* 3-4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced into halves or thirds, long way.
* 2 stalks of jarred hearts of palm, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
* About 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and lightly dried.
* A handful of fresh basil, smaller leaves intact, larger chopped into two or three pieces.
* A vinaigrette salad dressing
Assembly: Be creative! Look at the design of your serving platter!
I laid down the bib lettuce on the bottom, scattered cabbage on top, arranged the endive boats, added salmon and the tomatoes to them, scattered around the extra tomato and the hearts of palm, circled the egg slices around the outside, with the last slices in the center, topped the center with a bit more salmon, added the capers and basil all over. At any rate, do what inspires you, and what works with your serving platter!
Add salad vinaigrette dressing to the entire platter just before serving