Satnav........ How's the weather near you.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:09 PM
a friend sent me a vid of hail and torrential rain at Ballina yesterday, anywhere near you.?? You guys have been getting bad weather lately.

Russ

Quite frankly, the weather doesn't know its arse from its elbow; yesterday evening, it was all :sun::sun::sun: , now it's all cloudy and looks like it could :rain::rain::rain: at a moment's notice.

At around 7am today it was :sun::sun:my husband went out for a walk, I was still in bed, for the past hour or so it has been :rain::rain::rain::rain:

It hasn't rained here all day today but the same can't be said for where my daughter lives in Lincolnshire. Some of the villages there have had 3 months worth of rain in 2 days. The worst hit is a small town called Wainfleet, not that far from where she lives. The river has breached its banks, and twice this week the RAF have been sent in to try to block the breaches. Hundreds of people are being evacuated. She is lucky, not because she lives near there but because her husband had just finished working at the school there and was on his way home when the deluge started. Where she lives is flooded, roads are closed, and the drains are backing up, but the sea and river defences have held. Their kitchen roof (which is part glass) is leaking and struggling to hold up. Even the floods in 2013 did not reach them (they stopped literally at the other end of her road) but she is not holding her breath.

It hasn't rained here all day today but the same can't be said for where my daughter lives in Lincolnshire. Some of the villages there have had 3 months worth of rain in 2 days. The worst hit is a small town called Wainfleet, not that far from where she lives. The river has breached its banks, and twice this week the RAF have been sent in to try to block the breaches. Hundreds of people are being evacuated. She is lucky, not because she lives near there but because her husband had just finished working at the school there and was on his way home when the deluge started. Where she lives is flooded, roads are closed, and the drains are backing up, but the sea and river defences have held. Their kitchen roof (which is part glass) is leaking and struggling to hold up. Even the floods in 2013 did not reach them (they stopped literally at the other end of her road) but she is not holding her breath.

My daughter lived near a river a year or so ago. That river often closed the road to her place. I'm glad she moved.

Russ

My daughter lived near a river a year or so ago. That river often closed the road to her place. I'm glad she moved.

Russ
She lives on a small inland island. The main river is not far from the sea. The boats on the river only go part of the way up the river. There are huge sluice gates there to protect the town which is only just above sea level and the surrounding areas which can be below sea level. Some of the large rivers in the area are about 10-12 feet above the height of the surrounding land.

Lol, give me heat over cold any day.

Russ
tell me about it. It was down at 4C by sun down yesterday afternoon (roughly 5:30pm)…. Needless to say it was cold and a very wide spread frost overnight. I'm still freezing despite the fire being on high (not yet on full) and I'm about to put the oven on. That should help a touch. It was a cold start to the morning.

Back
Top Bottom