Sauces for steak

minajahani

Local time
2:21 PM
[Mod.Edit: This and a few following posts moved to new topic. (MG)]

I have bought a steak sauce of American garden brand but I thought it should taste like BBQ sauce.
Now it just have one major taste that is vinegar.
And I test it with steak that dose not feel so good, do you have any suggest to use it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought a steak sauce of American garden brand but I thought it should taste like BBQ sauce.
And I test it with steak that dose not feel so good, do you have any suggest to use it?

This link has 5 suggestions. Personally, I think it will be overpowering in noodles but could be tamed a bit in a cheeseburger or chili and possibly the mushrooms.

5 New Ways to Use Steak Sauce

Cheeseburger
Noodles
Mushrooms
Greens
Chili

Here in the US, steak sauce and BBQ sauce are different things, and steak sauce can be vinegary. A1, a popular national brand here, lists vinegar as it's second ingredient (after tomato purée). You may have bought one thing, expecting another. :)

If you like homemade hamburgers, you can mix a little into the ground beef to moisten that a bit. I've used a splash or two in making salad vinaigrette and in soups, kind of like Worcestershire sauce. You can also use it in a marinade.

Have fun experimenting!

Not familiar with that. Maybe some of the US membership could advise. Personally, steak just needs butter, garlic and fresh thyme if you have it.

Steak Sauces can open a whole thread to discuss, but yeah, lots of them are mostly Vinegar. Even Ketchup is a lot Vinegar and list it as their first ingredient, meaning the highest percentage. Heinz 57 Sauce is an exception.

Of course, you can always make your own Steak Sauce which isn't hard to do, given that you can easily analyze the ingredients list on any bottle. And you don't even have to buy the product. Just google the Steak Sauce name followed by the word 'ingredients' to get the list.

I like Pickapeppa Sauce, but it too, has a good dose of Vinegar in it.

Tomato Paste might seem to be common enough as a Steak Sauce ingredient, but you can concoct a good Steak Sauce from things like Raisins, Mango, Figs, Dates and other stuff, minus the Vinegar and the extra Sugars. Instead of Vinegar as the acid base, use something like Lemon, Lime or Orange Juice. You can even use water, if it works.

Reactions: mjd
Steak sauce, as it is in the USA, is loved and hated. I personally don't like it, and never use it. If you want a sauce for steak, try making a peppercorn sauce (steak au poivre) . Much better.

CD

Back
Top Bottom