Recipe Sausage Muffins

joycemcgregor

Veteran
Local time
1:21 PM
We love muffins at breakfast in my house. I was looking through recipes the other day and came across one for sausage muffins. Sounded yummy, so I made them for breakfast with scrambled eggs this last Saturday. Everyone loved them with a bit of jelly on them,,, my grandson gobbled them up! Here is the recipe:

SAUSAGE MUFFINS

1 lb. sausage
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese

Cook sausage until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well and reserve drippings.
Add butter to drippings to measure 1/4 cup. Set sausage and drippings aside. Combine flour,
baking powder, salt and sugar. Combine egg, milk, and 1/4 cup drippings, stir well. Add to
dry ingredients, stirring until moist. Stir in sausage and cheese. Spoon batter into greased
muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 degrees 18 to 20 minutes.

My husband would go nuts for this recipe - he loves anything with sausage, and it sounds right up his alley!

I need to make muffins more around breakfast time, and I like that this is a more savory muffin rather than sweet.

Thank you for this! I'm always seeking out new ways of making good use of my silicone muffin pans. So far I've made everything from freezable oatmeal to cornbread to chicken pop pie in these. It's time to toss in some sausages! Trying this tomorrow morning for breakfast. My boyfriend is rather fond of breakfast sausage as well so it will definitely be a hit.

These sound tasty, and the recipe looks easy to make. I'm saving it, and hopefully can pick up some sausage and try out the recipe soon. I can't always handle sausage in the morning, but I think these would be nice for lunch or dinner, as well, and that's probably when I'd eat/serve them. I like the idea of an all in one food, and since I use muffin cups, they'd be portable. Sometimes if I'm going for a walk, I'll grab a snack to boost my energy on the way out the door (I drive to the trails), and these would be perfect for that purpose.

I will save this for a long weekend when I need to have something interesting to offer those looking for food. They sound like they will be liked by the grands.

Shoot, I totally forgot about these. I ran to the grocery store yesterday, but forgot to pick up the sausage to make these. I have some small breakfast links, but I don't want to open those up to use for the muffins. I'll have to try to remember to pick some up when I go shopping again at the end of the month. I'm really interested to make these, and I want to take some to my neighbors, because I think the husband will like them for work.

I would make these Joyce. I have seen some recipies for some really good breakfast muffins, and these look every bit as good as the ones I have seen. I think it is a good way to share some breakfast love.

Back
Top Bottom