Sausage Sandwich

Termyn8or

Local time
6:18 AM
Well now I got my uncut buns.

These are sausage sandwiches similar to what pizza places make, sauce and cheese and then in an oven to melt and brown the cheese. However there is that Terminator Touch.

So why the uncut buns ? I "V" cut them at the top. And of course I turned it into a long operation...

First I make the sauce because that takes the longest. No meat in the sauce I try to duplicate what would be in there, and it is, well...

Since i discovered I do not like the pieces of rosemary in the sauce I have taken a new approach. I make a rosemary tea. I also put in fennel seeds. It all gets wrapped in a coffee filter. In a small pan, frying pan works, put the bag and water and boil it until the water gets brown. You msay have to add water as it goes.

While this is going on you prep the onion and garlic. I used to meticulously mince them all up but now I use the food processor. I eat spicy so I use half a fairly large onion and about half a bulb (not clove) of garlic. You can use less. Throw that in and some olive oil and maybe wine, I use a white chardonnay. Not alot of either.

The liquid level will go down and that iss when you add an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce and the spices.

I use a teaspoon of each but you might want less.

Oregano
Basil
Thyme
Celery seed
½ as much ground ceyenne/red pepper.

You salt to taste. Get it out of the pan and into a bowl, rinse the pan and commence to frying, and I mean fry, not throw a bunch of water in and boil it.

So cut the bun, squish down the sides and bottom some. Not down down but make them thinner. Then a layer of grated mozzarella on the bottom and some of the sauce, then the sausage and more of the sauce on top of that. Pack that cheese on the top good. Then to top it all off throw some strips of pepperoni on top.

Pop in toaster oven (or oven) until it looks done.

Mangia

Freeze the remaining sauce, it should be enough for at least one more. I fry at least two pieces of sausage at a time so I can kinda count on another sandwich in the near future.

T

Back
Top Bottom