2 TB diced onion
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups water
2-3 oz cheddar cheese, grated
2 large eggs, cooked over easy
Salt and pepper
Fresh chives, garnish

Directions
Roughly chop bacon and add to a medium pot over low heat. Cook slowly, rendering out bacon fat until bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes.
Remove crispy bacon bits from pan and drain off most the bacon grease, leaving about a tablespoon. Add diced onion and cook for a minute, using the onion to scrape up any bits stuck to the pan.
Add rolled oats to the pan and stir for 15 seconds. Then add water. Bring to a simmer, turn heat down to low, and simmer for 8-10 minutes until oatmeal is thick. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook eggs over-easy.
Right before serving, stir in grated cheddar cheese.
Divide oatmeal between two bowls. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and crispy bacon. Top each bowl with an over-easy egg and fresh chives.

Recipe courtesy of Macheesmo.com

NOTE: I fried my egg sunny side up, because that's nearly always how I fry eggs, so I forgot to fry them over-easy. Also, the recipe calls for cooking the oats 8-10 minutes. The oats I used specified 5-6 minutes, so that's what I used. They know their own oats better than Mr. Macheesmo.

https://www.cookingbites.com/thread...cipe-challenge-bacon.25599/page-5#post-330174

Back
Top Bottom