Scissors: A Must Have For Me In The Kitchen

Sherry

Veteran
Local time
12:05 AM
Scissors are something I never want to be without in my kitchen. I use them for so many things. I cut meat into strips and cubes with them. I even cut my chicken breasts (bone and all) into two or three pieces for frying with scissors. I cut pizza with scissors. I cut dough with scissors. I cut lettuce (sometimes) and greens with scissors. I cut darned near everything I cut in the kitchen with scissors.
I find that they are much quicker and easier to use than a knife so many times.
My problem is keeping my "kitchen" scissors in the kitchen. It's taken me several years, but I think I've finally gotten it through my husband's head that my kitchen scissors are for using on food alone. No running off to the basement (or the barn) and doing heaven knows what with my scissors. Otherwise, I have to buy new ones for my own peace of mind.

I always keep a couple of pairs of scissors in the kitchen. One for food and another for packets and things. I buy a few pairs from the dollar or pound store, so there is always a pair around somewhere. My parents prefer to use scissors to cut their pizza and sometimes to trim stalks rather than chopping as they both have arthritis now, so knives aren't as easy for them these days.

I too always like to have a scissors handy in the kitchen, but this is mostly for cutting open packets. I usually use a knife for cutting meats and vegetables. A steak knife is the best knife to use for cutting up beef. We normally use a pizza cutter, as shown below, for cutting pizza, since a knife does not do a very good job.

upload_2014-12-18_17-42-13.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-18_17-37-2.jpeg
    upload_2014-12-18_17-37-2.jpeg
    1.5 KB · Views: 204
  • upload_2014-12-18_17-38-37.jpeg
    upload_2014-12-18_17-38-37.jpeg
    1.2 KB · Views: 188
I always keep scissors in the kitchen. As well as cutting packets open with them, I use scissors to cut fresh herbs. I prefer to use a sharp knife and a board for chopping vegetables, but kitchen scissors are handy for anything that needs to be cut into strips or trimmed.

A pair of scissor is something I always have in my kitchen for reason that it is very useful for my cooking. There are times when I need it for cutting many things like meats, fruits and vegetables. I am comfortable using a scissor for these food stuffs in some instances if it is needed to be that way. It makes my food preparation easy and less time consuming with the aid of a scissor.

I absolutely must have at least two pairs of scissors in my kitchen. One for food, and one for packets and things of that nature. I must admit I have never thought of cutting pizza with them, but since my pizza cutter is starting to fail I am going to give it a try.

I too always like to have a scissors handy in the kitchen, but this is mostly for cutting open packets. I usually use a knife for cutting meats and vegetables. A steak knife is the best knife to use for cutting up beef. We normally use a pizza cutter, as shown below, for cutting pizza, since a knife does not do a very good job.

View attachment 462

Caribbean girl, I've had a good pizza cutter in my kitchen forever, but I still find myself going for the scissors instead of the cutter most times. Especially when I've made my favorite rectangular deep dish pizza. I tend not to take that pizza out of the pan to cut and the scissors are just way easier to manage as the cutter runs up against the sides of the pan. Of course, I still have to lift the pizza somewhat to get at it with the scissors. And, actually, I first started using scissors on my pizza when I noticed that's how they did it at one of my old time favorite pizza haunts in east Tennessee.

Scissors are something I never want to be without in my kitchen. I use them for so many things. I cut meat into strips and cubes with them. I even cut my chicken breasts (bone and all) into two or three pieces for frying with scissors. I cut pizza with scissors. I cut dough with scissors. I cut lettuce (sometimes) and greens with scissors. I cut darned near everything I cut in the kitchen with scissors.
I find that they are much quicker and easier to use than a knife so many times.
My problem is keeping my "kitchen" scissors in the kitchen. It's taken me several years, but I think I've finally gotten it through my husband's head that my kitchen scissors are for using on food alone. No running off to the basement (or the barn) and doing heaven knows what with my scissors. Otherwise, I have to buy new ones for my own peace of mind.
A pair of scissors is very handy and I use to keep a pair around. A good pair of scissors will cut just about everything. I'm gonna look around for a deal on a new pair.

i have a cheap pair for packets etches long as they are washable then i have a pair of poultry shears for timing fish etc

For me scissors are a God send. No dirty knives or cutting boards means less washing up. Its so fast to. With a few quick snips I can cut up meat or herbs. Its essential you have different ones for different foods

Kitchen scissors are fantastic and make life so much easier. I use them to cut up meat - it's much quicker. However, my OH still doesn't realise that kitchen scissors are to be kept...in the kitchen! They are always turning up in odd places.

I have never used scissors to cut pizza before, so I am shocked to read that so many people do. Kitchen scissors are a must in my house, but I mostly use them to cut open packages and other stuff. I use a knife for most of my actual food cutting needs.

I can't say I have ever used a pair of scissors to cut a pizza. I haven't used a pizza cutter either. I have one of these:
PC2HNDROCKBL.jpg

No specific reason why it's just how my family & I always have cut our pizza. With a pizza rocker or rocking knife.

I have never used scissors to cut pizza, we do have scissors to cut bones on the turkey to put it on the grill. Those scissors are so sharp they only get used to cut the bones of the turkey.

Back
Top Bottom