Scone Blasphemy

Definitely jam first....or actually, to be more precise: butter, then jam, then (clotted) cream.
If you put the cream on first isn't that just weird next to the butter? Or do you miss the butter off? :eek:

On my scones, I spread the peanut butter first, then the jelly. Is that the correct order?

CD

As an American, so naturally somewhat of an outsider, I think we should put aside this whole cream-first/jam-first debate. It's just silly.

The world has other, more important problems to solve, like global warming, poverty, and the most important one of all...whether it's pronounced scone as in "bone" or scone as in "gone!" :laugh:

The irony of this thread is that the author lives in a country where they call scones "biscuits" and drown them in a creamy meat sauce that they call "gravy".

Now that's blasphemy :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
We don't call scones biscuits. We call biscuits biscuits and scones scones.

Now biscuits can look like scones, but they're not quite the same, and sometimes (rarely) our scones can look like biscuits, but not the same thing.

Simple, no? :wink:

Trust me, if you come here and were to order some biscuits and gravy, and you were to have the biscuits swapped out with scones...you'd know the difference right quick, as we say around here. :)

Biscuit ≠ Scone, and that's one thing that's true on either side of the ocean. :)

We don't call scones biscuits. We call biscuits biscuits and scones scones.

Now biscuits can look like scones, but they're not quite the same, and sometimes (rarely) our scones can look like biscuits, but not the same thing.

Simple, no? :wink:

Trust me, if you come here and were to order some biscuits and gravy, and you were to have the biscuits swapped out with scones...you'd know the difference right quick, as we say around here. :)

Biscuit ≠ Scone, and that's one thing that's true on either side of the ocean. :)

And, to add to that... don't knock it 'till you try it. :wink:

CD

Back
Top Bottom