Scratch Cooking vs. Prepared Ingredients

Do you prefer to cook from scratch or use prepared ingredients?

• Scratch Always

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mostly Scratch

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Mostly Prepared

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • All Prepared

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I use frozen vegetables because they stay fresh longer (and in most cases, just a delicious), have been picked and frozen within hours from the farm and I don't have to worry if an xyz fresh produce is still any good or did I waste money on a tomato (for instance) "has gone south".
I do make bread on occasion when I have the time, but I do buy commercial breads, but I look at the label for chemical preservatives.
I make my own desserts, mostly, I do buy that nice Ice Cream-but do make my own as well.
I use commercially canned Tomato products, ie diced salt-free Tomatoes and Fruits - again, they last longer and for some fruits like Lychee, I can't get that fresh here in Cowboyville Arizona.
I buy commercially produced condiments, ie Mustard, Ketchup, Pickle Relish, some Salad Dressings.
I do make some of my own condiments, I also "put up" my own fruits and vegetables when in season and at their peak of freshness - that's what "canning" in American English is really about, preserving that freshness for later when that product is no longer in season. Putting Up, Canning, Preserving...
I've also turned to drying my own Herbs when available fresh and inexpensive, like free from my potted garden.

Back
Top Bottom