Sculpting Food

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
11:53 AM
Have you ever built up a meal to look like something? A boat? An airplane, building, person?

When I was a kid, mashed potatoes were like beach sand, for making castles and things, sculpted with a fork?

But that's not what I am alluding to. The meal itself must be designed to mimic something. I suppose deserts are more apt to be treated this way than entrees.

If you have ever done something to construct a sculpted meal, I'd love to see pictures, as would other members, to be sure.

full.jpg
Hedgehog cheese ball
full.jpg

Cheeseburger cake and churro fries

Buche Noel with meringue mushrooms and fondant pine cones and holly leaves, berries

I recognise the fun and skill but for some reason have no desire to 'sculpt' food. There are numerous cooking programmes on TV which centre around making cakes in fabulous constructions. It doesn't do it for me. But I do admire the skill and dedication. The nearest I've got to this is a Yule log (once).

My kids' birthdays are 9 days apart and during Summer. I gave them a pool party one year and sculpted some watermelons to look like the photos below. These are online images as I don't have my actual photos. I didn't realize that watermelon sculpting is an art form with competitions. Some of them are just absolutely stunning.

Turtle_2008-scaled-1000x1000.jpg
8-Amazing-Carved-Watermelons-06-sl.jpg

watermelon sculpting - Google Search

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom