Recipe Seafood Fajita Burritos and Sweet Potato Dollars in Cream Crab Salsa

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
5:16 AM
This recipe uses the leftover ingredients from the Seafood Chakchouka recipe and other stuff. It demonstrates just what can be done with leftovers.

SeafoodFajitaBurrito00.png

The ingredients, as has been stated, are mostly leftovers ...

SeafoodFajitaBurrito01.png

Procedure:

1) Julienne cut about 3 slices of White Onion and one large Anaheim Pepper.

SeafoodFajitaBurrito02.png

2) Chop up and dice the Habanero Pepper

3) In a bowl, mix the Crab Meat, about 3 tblspns of Cream Cheese, 3 tblspns of Sour Cream and some Lime Juice. Press the mixture against the sides of the bowl to make sure the Cream Cheese and Crab Meat are thoroughly softened and evenly dispersed into the salsa. This is the Cream Crab Salsa.

4) Cross cut a Sweet Potato to make the Sweet Potato Dollars.

SweetPotatoCrossCut.png

5) Toss the Scallops, Prawns, Anaheim Pepper, Onion and Habanero into a frying pan and heat at 275F with a cover on. Stir occasionally. When satisfied that the Fajita mixture is done, remove from heat.

SeafoodFajitaBurrito03.png

6) Lay out a Flour Tortilla and spoon a portion of the Fajita mix onto it. Add a light to medium covering of Habanero Salsa and fold up into a Burrito.

SeafoodFajitaBurrito04.png

7) Pan fry in Olive Oil the Sweet Potato Dollars.

SeafoodFajitaBurrito05.png

8) Lay out the Burrito(s) along with a preferred amount of Sweet Potato Dollars on a microwavable serving plate.

SeafoodFajitaBurrito06.png

9) Cover the Burrito(s) and Sweet Potato Dollars with a preferred amount of Cream Crab Salsa. Then cover that with Shredded Cheese.

10) Microwave for about 2 minutes, add some Cilantro Sprigs and serve.

SeafoodFajitaBurrito00.png

Enjoy.

Is that all the filling in the burrito?
:giggle:
Theis looks like a veritable feast! I was a bit surprised to see scallops in the mix. This isn't intended as a criticism, more curiosity - but I've only ever eaten or seen scallops served more or less 'free standing' - they have such a very delicate flavour that I would have thought they could get swamped in all the other strong flavours there.

Would it be the norm Stateside to cook scallops in this sort of dish? - Maybe I should start a scallops thread?

Theis looks like a veritable feast! I was a bit surprised to see scallops in the mix. This isn't intended as a criticism, more curiosity - but I've only ever eaten or seen scallops served more or less 'free standing' - they have such a very delicate flavour that I would have thought they could get swamped in all the other strong flavours there.

Would it be the norm Stateside to cook scallops in this sort of dish? - Maybe I should start a scallops thread?

@morning glory

This turned out very good. The scallops held together and added good texture and flavor that was not overwhelmed. The Cream Crab Salsa was entirely novel (I think) and had a wonderful effect on the overall dish. No, this isn't typically American or stateside. It's @flyinglentris . I do things out of the norm and often, surprise myself! :cool:

I kind of thought there might be some comments on the Sweet Potato Dollars covered with Cream Crab Salsa. They were good. This whole recipe had a subtle sweetness to it, but the SPDs were the sweetest.

I kind of thought there might be some comments on the Sweet Potato Dollars covered with Cream Crab Salsa. They were good. This whole recipe had a subtle sweetness to it, but the SPDs were the sweetest.

Sorry - I derailed because I was interested in the scallops. I have now gone back to look again. There is a really interesting mix of sweet and spicy hot going on. Sweet crab and sweet potatoes, scallops and prawns also tending towards sweet and then the chilli peppers and the Habanero Sala. Its a daring mix!

Sorry - I derailed because I was interested in the scallops. I have now gone back to look again. There is a really interesting mix of sweet and spicy hot going on. Sweet crab and sweet potatoes, scallops and prawns also tending towards sweet and then the chilli peppers and the Habanero Sala. Its a daring mix!

You're missing taking note of the cream cheese and sour cream. Those 2 things go miles in this recipe. I dare.

Back
Top Bottom