Search facility not working!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:00 AM
I noticed today that the search facility is not functioning. This is the sort of thing that displays when I search for anthing:

You can't imagine how pleased I am for you, but it doesn't solve my issue.

I am finding that today it can take sometimes three attempts to get it to work. If you haven't already tried it I suggest trying the same search once or twice in a row.

It does seem this is a possibly ongoing issue with the forum which SatNavSaysStraightOn has once before managed to fix. On that occasion 'search' didn't work at all for anyone.

I am finding that today it can take sometimes three attempts to get it to work. If you haven't already tried it I suggest trying the same search once or twice in a row.

It does seem this is a possibly ongoing issue with the forum which SatNavSaysStraightOn has once before managed to fix. On that occasion 'search' didn't work at all for anyone.

Ok, thank you. Yes I have tried twice more but nothing, it doesn't work.
I'll keep the third one for later, crossing fingers..

Web server is returning an unknown error​

This is the message I got in the previous three attempts searching a recipe...
Hi

This isn't actually a site error or one connected to viewing the site directly, hence why others can use the search facility without issue (or too many issues and knowing this is useful to me. )

If you read further into the error it will mention a communication error between Cloudflare and your server. It's actually the caching service that's not fully cached the searches, but only for the cache servers supplying your connection on Italy.

As MG mentioned I'm in hospital just 1 week after a total hip replacement operation with a few complications including 2 nights in ICU and a couple of major asthma attacks sadly. I'm not in a position to look at the Cloudflare service right now.

Normally the service completely re-caches every 24hrs so this error should clear itself and if you do get it, don't use the back button to get back to the search or CB, close the tab down completely and re-open CB and try again. That step is important because it helps the Cloudflare cache service learn about problems.
If the error doesn't clear in 24 hrs, please let us know and I'll contact a 3rd party who can look into it for me, but I need the entire error message, full screen please (screenshot or snap shot.) That's important because some of the codes it gives will tell us what the problem is. I can then forward it to the 3rd party who will look at it for me but we have to take timezones into account so this will not be a quick fix.

Hi

This isn't actually a site error or one connected to viewing the site directly, hence why others can use the search facility without issue (or too many issues and knowing this is useful to me. )

If you read further into the error it will mention a communication error between Cloudflare and your server. It's actually the caching service that's not fully cached the searches, but only for the cache servers supplying your connection on Italy.

As MG mentioned I'm in hospital just 1 week after a total hip replacement operation with a few complications including 2 nights in ICU and a couple of major asthma attacks sadly. I'm not in a position to look at the Cloudflare service right now.

Normally the service completely re-caches every 24hrs so this error should clear itself and if you do get it, don't use the back button to get back to the search or CB, close the tab down completely and re-open CB and try again. That step is important because it helps the Cloudflare cache service learn about problems.
If the error doesn't clear in 24 hrs, please let us know and I'll contact a 3rd party who can look into it for me, but I need the entire error message, full screen please (screenshot or snap shot.) That's important because some of the codes it gives will tell us what the problem is. I can then forward it to the 3rd party who will look at it for me but we have to take timezones into account so this will not be a quick fix.

Ok. Thank you for the reply, I’ll try again within this morning (8.18 am now), and let you know

Back
Top Bottom