Search option is not working

mjd

Veteran
Local time
8:22 PM
Hi,

It looks like there is a glitch in the system. I get "no results found" when using the "search" option. I've tried with keywords and by member names, to no avail.

Image1.png

Thanks for any assistance,
MJ

It seems to work in a limited way - as far as I can tell its only displaying recently posted. For example this is all I got for 'eggs' when in reality I know there are many many more posts.

I tried several other commonly occurring words with the same result. This isn't something I can fix. Its probably to do with the recent upgrade. SatNavSaysStraightOn will need to look at this.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Its annoying as I use it a lot!

Reactions: mjd
No apologies necessary. I just didn't know if it was on my end or not. Also, the number of unread notifications flickers whenever I refresh the screen. For example, it will show X (whatever number) and then show the correct number of unread of posts.

Thanks for all you do. ;-)

No apologies necessary. I just didn't know if it was on my end or not. Also, the number of unread notifications flickers whenever I refresh the screen. For example, it will show X (whatever number) and then show the correct number of unread of posts.

Thanks for all you do. ;-)
I had noticed that as well.
That seems to be something to do with the me update. Hopefully it will resolve itself. It's been bugging me but I had just assumed that it was my end being on satellite broadband...

Hi,

It looks like there is a glitch in the system. I get "no results found" when using the "search" option. I've tried with keywords and by member names, to no avail.

View attachment 51995

Thanks for any assistance,
MJ
Hopefully this is more resolved. I'd made a seeing change to try to make the results in the similar threads widget more well, similar. But it seems to have failed!

I've undone the changes almost completely and set the search index rebuilding itself. It may take a few hours to resolve though. Again at my end because I only see a cached copy of the server (from my broadband supplier and I've no choice in this matter), changes to the overall appearance of the server and how it works, such as the search index cache, can take several hours to get through to me. So I can only hope resetting the search parameters to almost what they were will resolve the problem. I'll double check when I actually get up as to what the outcome is if you could test again please.

However from what I can tell, it is working again. (It has only ever shown 1,000 results by the way. 20 results per page for 50 pages).

Thanks.

I'm in the US. The "search" is working but it doesn't bring up results when searching by username. Thanks.

I just searched 'beans' by my user name and it worked fine. Or do you mean searching for a user name?

Etc. there were loads of pages

Back
Top Bottom