Secret Shopper Review

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
3:50 AM
You've got the job as a secret shopper to review a restaurant. You have however used the same place before and not impressed with the service or the food.

How honest would your review be and would you base it only on that one trip? The only difference this time is you will not be paying for it, plus good or bad review you still get paid.

This is not a trip advisor review. The review gets given to the company that owns the restaurant.

You always have to go with a positive mind and be constructive with you findings, may be staff or management chefs may have changed so this should be a new review, a one person or first time poster review to me means nothing !
Some time s a key board warrior who expected to much ,and it's not constructive ,ie I get 200 top reviews and then a bad one ,why didn't they say on the day ,no they register for ta and in they go ,may be they had a bad day and or their expectations were to high,all reveiws independent or TA should be taken serious and are used as a gauge to how well the customer service is being delivered

I would try and just base it on the occasion they were paying me to specifically review it on.

I figure that times change and employees change, so even if I had been there before and had crummy experiences they may have improved. I would want the review I was doing to reflect the here and now rather than any past experiences I had.

Well now, that would be a great job to have. I'd base the review on the new visit. As others have said, things might have changed. Whenever I do have problems in a restaurant I always say so at the time. I try to be constructive too and if there are things I think particularly good I'll mention that too. I've often had money deducted from the bill or a free drink when I've complained!

The job is real, you can get to spend a lot of time hanging round shops, waiting to be served.
The restaraunt reviews can be the hardest if you've been there before. And unlike Trip Advisor, they are usually done with the full knowledge of the owners.

I was wondering how others would treat it, as a job.

Could be a nice job BUT the trouble is you are reviewing something that can change overnight. I have been to one restaurant and loved it then a few weeks later we went again and the food was miserable - change of chef I suppose. It's just too variable a thing [and maybe too subjective too]. You would always feel sort of guilty if the place changed for better or worse and people were relying on your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom