Seeking Collaborators for a Cooking app

Adam Dev Chef

Local time
11:55 PM
Hi,

I'm a development chef working for a health and fitness app based in the UK. I'm looking for chefs to collaborate with on future recipe collections. If you think you can help or know someone who could or even any groups/forums that may help that would be greatly appreciated.

Some upcoming recipe collections we are looking at are;
Indian
Pakistani/Bangladeshi
Chinese
Polish/Eastern European
Caribbean
African

Don't hesitate to get in touch, any and all are welcome

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam Dev Chef. Could you clarify the terms and conditions? Would the contributors/collaborators be paid, for example? Also, are you only seeking professional chefs?
Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch, this opportunity isn't limited to professional chefs, anyone with experience of one of these cuisines can help us out. We are offering an opportunity to see your recipes become a part of peoples lives, of course, full credit will be given. We aren't in the business of stealing recipes, we want to connect with real people and get real dishes that people eat on a day to day basis then use our platform to share your recipes with our users based all over the UK and Ireland.

We have a few levels of input we are looking for;
Firstly in highlighting traditional meals/snacks/drinks,
Secondly helping us develop those into recipes
Thirdly coming to our studio and filming the recipes.

We don't really have any set terms and conditions, we are flexible and reaching out to any help you could give. All people who help us develop a recipe will gain access to our health and fitness app. Understandably pay could be negotiated on a person to person basis, if you feel you could help us with this then please drop us a message.

Adam

Sounds very interesting. Yes, the above questions and what is the aim?
Promote healthy recipes? Or different diet oriented recipes?

Sounds very interesting. Yes, the above questions and what is the aim?
Promote healthy recipes? Or different diet oriented recipes?
Hi,

We are trying to create authentic recipes that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet, we are a fitness app but with a difference - that people can enjoy all the foods they know and love without having to overhaul their diet (that's the reason most diets fail). We have a nutrition team that put together personalised nutrition programs for each individual user so we aren't restricted in what recipes we can create, its more about portion control and understand what you eat rather than telling people what they can and can't eat.

Basically, the missing piece for us is knowledge and understanding of these ethnicities and their cuisines, we could go and search the internet for the top 25 dishes from each area and copy and paste but that's not our style. We want a personal interaction and real knowledge, what do people really eat? I'm English and my diet isn't fish and chips, pie and mash, scones with clotted cream and jam, of course I enjoy those things but stereotypes aren't reflective of real people's lifestyles and ultimately we want to create with authenticity

Adam

stereotypes aren't reflective of real people's lifestyles and ultimately we want to create with authenticity
Hi,
Thank you for the informative reply.
If you want me, I'd be glad to contribute.

I am a piano teacher(and pianist😊) and a Mom who works and lives in Croatia.
My Mom is of Bulgarian heritage, and my Grandma, maternally, lived with us while I was growing up...so I have Bulgarian dishes under one arm too ...

The week over am usually overbooked with work,commute,home, but weekends are good and school breaks...

Also I am a pescatarian, and on a low carb diet mainly, so these all will shine through...

But I am open to try diverse recipes and dishes...recently I did Afghan Bolani etc...I am not very knowledgable about cooking yet, but I do my best at learning and developing)

I do jogging/running as hobby, love yoga and qigong...

If any of that is useful ...let me know how to proceed...

Kind regards,
Zanina (Jeanina as in French😄)

We are offering an opportunity to see your recipes become a part of peoples lives, of course, full credit will be given.

And this app will be free to the public -- you won't make any money from it, right?

As a professional photographer, I get all kind of offers to "see my photos published," with no payment, but "full credit". I only do that if it benefits a charity I support. Everyone else pays.

I feel that our forum members should view their recipes the same way.

we could go and search the internet for the top 25 dishes from each area and copy and paste but that's not our style.

Adam

That would also violate copyright laws.

CD

Last edited:
Okay fellow CB-ers, I discovered at another forum that this app is "for profit." Users have to pay for access to the app. You get free access to the app if your recipe is used -- and credit as the author of the recipe. Woohoo.

So, if you are okay with someone making money off of your recipes, without paying you for those recipes, go for it. If not, ask to be paid.

I just want everyone to know what they are getting into, since the original post was not transparent.

CD

Last edited:
And this app will be free to the public -- you won't make any money from it, right?

As a professional photographer, I get all kind of offers to "see my photos published," with no payment, but "full credit". I only do that if it benefits a charity I support. Everyone else pays.

I feel that our forum members should view their recipes the same way.

That would also violate copyright laws.

CD
Good point. When we were young musicians, we'd also be asked to perform for glory. I am done with that.
I do charity, as you say,but this not a charitable asking. I valUe my free time and effort and ingredients and creativity, like other members too. More exoerienced members even more so.

Adam said pay is negotiable, so if they want my contribution, and I am to create a recipe, I would expect a compensation.

Must not be an awful lot of money, as I am not a chef by any means, but should indicate seriousness.

We'd probably have a written agreement anyway?

Was I unclear about this? Possibly. So thank you for pointing it out.
let's see...😊

Okay fellow CB-ers, I discovered at another forum that this app is "for profit." Users have to pay for access to the app. You get free access to the app if your recipe is used -- and credit as the author of the recipe. Woohoo.

So, if you are okay with someone making money off of your recipes, without paying you for those recipes, go for it.

I just want everyone to know what they are getting into, since the original poster has not been transparent.

CD
Ho wow.
Thank you for the research.

Good point. When we were young musicians, we'd also be asked to perform for glory. I am done with that.
I do charity, as you say,but this not a charitable asking. I valUe my free time and effort and ingredients and creativity, like other members too. More exoerienced members even more so.

Adam said pay is negotiable, so if they want my contribution, and I am to create a recipe, I would expect a compensation.

Must not be an awful lot of money, as I am not a chef by any means, but should indicate seriousness.

We'd probably have a written agreement anyway?

Was I unclear about this? Possibly. So thank you for pointing it out.
let's see...😊

If they are willing to pay a fair price for your recipe, and all the terms and conditions, including who owns the recipe, are put down in writing -- that's fine.

I just wish the OP would have been up front about everything in the first post.

CD

If they are willing to pay a fair price for your recipe, and all the terms and conditions, including who owns the recipe, are put down in writing -- that's fine.

I just wish the OP would have been up front about everything in the first post.

CD
Well said. I agree.

So, if you are okay with someone making money off of your recipes, without paying you for those recipes, go for it. If not, ask to be paid.

I just want everyone to know what they are getting into, since the original post was not transparent.

CD

My first thought as well, I'm not making dished dozens of times to get perfect replications of my fave Indian recipes. Too give it away !!
I don't mind sharing with folks on here though. :)

Russ

Back
Top Bottom